Baby Names

Talk to me about Salma

mattandloramattandlora member
edited August 2015 in Baby Names
I have a friend who is legally changing her name (long story, not really in the scope of this discussion, but I fully support her reasoning).

Right now the leading new-name contender is Salma. It sounds fine with her LN. There is no alliteration. There are no weird words made with the initials, etc.

Any red flags she should be aware of before going through with it?

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

Re: Talk to me about Salma

• I went to college with a Salma and everyone called her Salmonella. It ruined the nae for me sadly.

• bbiutmcph said:

I went to college with a Salma and everyone called her Salmonella. It ruined the nae for me sadly.

That's sad. The meaning "safe" is lovely. Salma Hayek first came to mind.
  • Loading the player...
  • My grandmother's name was the similar Selma, and she was beautiful and spunky. I would have considered it for my girl but DH nixed it. I think Salma is a pretty and unique name.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think if your friend is an adult, she's not going to have to deal with name-calling like a kid at school, and if she doesn't mind the Salma Hayek connection, then it's a nice sounding name :)
  • I think if your friend is an adult, she's not going to have to deal with name-calling like a kid at school, and if she doesn't mind the Salma Hayek connection, then it's a nice sounding name :)

^this. Nice name and I like that it's not super common.
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Reminds me of salmonella
  • Salmonella was the first thing that popped into my head. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    susannah mary. 11/14