Baby Names

Boy name help

Having a hard time coming up with name ideas for baby boy on the way. We've come up with the names Zachary (Zach) and Douglas (Doug) as possibilities. DH is really liking Zach right now but I'm not sure. Our last name starts with S and ends with a Z sound (like "strolls") so I'm not sure if a 1 syllable Z name is awkward to say with it (S names are out for the same reason). Also, our nephew who we spend a LOT of time with is named Jack, so I feel like Jack and Zach may be too matchy and confusing to keep straight. Also, our daughter's name is Norah, so looking for a name that goes well with it.
Would really appreciate any feedback on these names or any other suggestions. Thanks!!

Re: Boy name help

• I like Zachary. If you don't like it for other reasons, don't use it, but I think the reasons listed are a tiny bit nitpicky. Which might mean you should look for something different anyway...but I wouldn't worry about rhyming with the cousin, might be cute when they're little and when they're adults il they won't be together so often that it's weird. It's not like it's the same exact name, or a less common name that would seem like you two did it on purpose. He can always go by Zachary if the rhyming did bother him. I also don't think it's awkward to say and it's cute with Norah! Doug is nice too though. I think you have two nice choices.
  • I always liked the name Zachary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I prefer Zachary over Douglas.

Norah and...

Rhys
    Lucas
    Garrett
    Matteo
    Riley
    Benjamin
    Ezra
    Elijah
    Elliott
    Walter
    Charles nn Charlie
    Avery
    Oscar
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • I like Zachary! But I agree it sounds a bit off with Norah for some reason. My friend has a daughter named Norah and her brother is Calvin. I like those names together. What about Parker?
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I like Doug more than Zach.
  • Douglas you hardly ever hear any more so that is my choice.
    There are way too many zachs