Baby Names

Just heard this name for the first time...

Coralie. Apparently it's a French name, and very popular in Quebec.

I kind of like it. Plus, I've always liked the nn "Cory" or "Cori" for a girl, and this would give us that option, too. Plus there's Cora, which is more adult sounding and might be good for when she get older. The thing is, I've seen Coraline and Cora mentioned a lot here on this board. Are these "Cora" names becoming too popular/trendy right now? Any thoughts on the name Coralie in general?

Re: Just heard this name for the first time...

• You are absolutely right. It is popular here in quebec! Another version that's equally popular is carolie
  • I know a lady named Coralie, she's probably in her 70s

I think it's pretty and I love the nn Cora...it is pretty popular right now though
  • Loading the player...
  • I just heard this name yesterday for the first time and really liked it!! I texted DH and asked if he liked it and he did :)  So now its on our list.  I think that while Coralie is similar to Cora, its definitely not as popular or trendy. I LOVE Cora but DH doesn't, so I'm glad he likes Coralie. 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • I think it's a very pretty name but Cora names in general are gaining popularity.
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • The first time IRL that I heard of a Cora (just a Cora, nothing else), was about 18 months ago. Now I know two little Cora's. However, I know several Koral, Coraline, Coralyn's....that all go by Cora/Kora
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I really like it.
  • I like it but I think it's super popular/trendy right now.
  • Yeah...it almost sounds like a name that someone made up to go with the popular Cora names right now... which is a shame, because it's not made up and I do think it's really cute...
  • We have a customer in her 60s named Corlie. Similar, but it sounds like one of the vintage names that is coming back.

All of the names I have always loved are suddenly popping up everywhere now. I'm super bummed.
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Not bad :)