Babies: 3 - 6 Months

How to get BF baby poop out of things I can't wash

With Baby number 2 I invested in different swings and a rock n play since I have a toddler and wanted a safe place for the baby as I was doing things for my 2 year old.  They all have those nylon white safety belt straps, but unlike my car seat they are bolted to the frame and can not be removed to throw them in the washing machine. Anyone have a trick for getting the yellow breastfed poop out?  I've tried all types of spray cleaners but the yellow color is still there.  any trick would be helpful, i know that I've cleaned them thoroughly but the yellow stains are terrible and i'd really like to keep these items for when we are ready for baby #3.

Re: How to get BF baby poop out of things I can't wash

• Following.
    We threw out a RnP due to this. Granted, I'm glad we got rid of it. But that's another story.
  • I LOVE the Dreft laundry stain remover. I feel like it removes all stains made by baby. Only issue is that you spray it, leave it on, and then throw it in the wash. Perhaps you can simulate the wash by scrubbing with soap & water after it sits for a bit? May be worth a try. I swear that stuff is magic.
  • Loading the player...
  • I take that item and wash it with soap and water the second something gets on it that could stain. Then immediately after that I spray resolve laundry stain remover on it and leave it til the next time I do laundry. Never have a problem if I do that.
  • AlMagSu said:

With Baby number 2 I invested in different swings and a rock n play since I have a toddler and wanted a safe place for the baby as I was doing things for my 2 year old.  They all have those nylon white safety belt straps, but unlike my car seat they are bolted to the frame and can not be removed to throw them in the washing machine. Anyone have a trick for getting the yellow breastfed poop out?  I've tried all types of spray cleaners but the yellow color is still there.  any trick would be helpful, i know that I've cleaned them thoroughly but the yellow stains are terrible and i'd really like to keep these items for when we are ready for baby #3.

Bleach wipes followed by a wet rag.
    White vinegar can help.
    Lemon juice.

If you use boiling water to submerge the straps for a minute, then wipe with white vinegar. A blow dryer to quickly dry.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• This is random but try Pine Sol... maybe test it on a part you can't see first though. I've used it to get some random stuff out of seat belts before so if you've tried everything else, that's my best suggestion.
  • So, I cloth diaper and if any of them stain, I put them out in the sun to dry while they are still wet... Maybe that would work here too? Just dampen it and put outside on a bright day... It sounds like it wouldn't work for cloth, but it is unexpectedly successful at removing stains... Worth a shot
  • Our newborn photographer taught me this trick and it has worked miraculously each time. Just rinse the stain with cool water and lay the item out in the sun to dry. When you come back a few hours later the stain is magically gone. Then launder like you regularly would or spot treat with a cleaner for your RnP. Promise it works and it takes no time or elbow grease!
  • Liquid dish detergent (Dawn) and peroxide!!!
  • I was also going to suggest sun.

I hope you have not thrown your car seat harness in the wash. If you have, you need a new harness. Manufacturers are very clear that detergents and soaking can break down the harness and can't guarantee your child will stay restrained in an accident.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15