TTC after 35
Options

Intro (children & losses mentioned)

Hi everyone! I've been lurking this board for a few weeks and figured it was time to jump in...  I'm 36, DH is 37 and we have three kids, 8, 6 and 19 months. I had two m/c's between 2 & 3 and just had a 14 week loss on july 13. 

We're currently waiting on testing results on our 14 week loss baby and considering more testing depending on those results. I just got my first post d&c af and am ready to get back in the game, but am so scared for another loss. But I also can't imagine ending things on such a sad note and not trying again for our 4th baby. DH has been supportive, but he's also completely happy with the three children we have. I know he'll love a 4th but he doesn't have the same desire I do, especially after our most recent loss. This has been such an emotional rollercoaster.

This board looks really supportive, so I look forward to being a part of it. :)
DD 6/2007
DS 4/2009
m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
DD 12/2013
mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
Twin girls! 8/26/2017

Re: Intro (children &amp; losses mentioned)

• Options
    I am so sorry for your losses. A lot of women here, including myself, can sympathize about the pain of loss and desire to have more children. You will find a lot of support on this board.

Good luck on your journey and welcome.
  • Options
    Welcome. I'm so sorry for your losses. TTC certainly requires bravery, which is why it's great to find such a supportive group here. All the best to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to the board.  I'm so very sorry for your losses.  I think you'll find this group VERY supportive.  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Welcome to the board, I am so very sorry for your losses. I too have suffered recurrent mc, and I have 4 children...ttc#5.
    Best of luck to you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So sorry for your losses. Welcome to our little corner of The Bump! I've only been here a short time, but I find this to be the most supportive group of women I've found in a long time. Looking forward to getting to know you.
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  It can be so terrifying to do anything after such a heartbreaking event.  The decision to try for another, while knowing it could happen again, is not easy and will stay with you forever.  We will most certainly support you through this journey! 
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Options
    Thank you all for your support and warm welcome. :)

I just had blood taken yesterday to test for thyroid, blood clotting, etc all those things. I am also scheduled to have something done next week to check the shape of my uterus for abnormalities. Ugh. I also don't want to give up ttc this month, but might have to after getting blood test results. :(
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• Options
    welcome and very sorry for your losses. I think you will find lost of good support on this board, 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN