Trouble TTC
Options

Letrozole->Trigger Shot(Ovidrel) ->Timed Intercourse?

I had my second round appointment today after taking letrozole. I had an ultrasound These were my results:
Day 11
Left Ovary: 2.4 and 2.0 (i guess the 2.0 is the one we are betting on)
Endometrium: 2mm (they like it to be 8mm but i guess it can still work)

I was told to have timed intercourse at 12-24-36 (or 18 hours instead of 12) I was just curious which is best? does it really matter? I want to do what is going to make for the best chances. I know everyones DR has a different opinion . What has everyone else done? know of any success stories for one or the other?
Married to My Best Friend
Mom to 2 Fur Babies (Great Danes)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Letrozole->Trigger Shot(Ovidrel) ->Timed Intercourse?

• Options
    If i remember correctly, we were told to do it the night of the trigger and as often as we wanted/could for the next 48 hrs. TI was kind of awful for us though...DH just felt too much pressure to perform so much in a short period of time which always happened during stressful times at work (weekend would have been much better). Just remember that sperms can live for a few days in there, whereas the egg only has a few hours. So better early than late.

Is it the first time your lining is that thin? Has your RE expressed any concerns or offered any explanations for that? Or recommended progesterone?
  • Options
    @kidshrink
    This is only our second round. the first round my lining was much better. this round my period came on its own and i actually had it for 5 days verses 4. I am still seeing my OB for these treatments. she stated they like the lining to be around 8mm but that it can still happen. I was not told about progesterone for while TTC. I took it last month to induce my period though. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would highly recommend making the switch to a RE, and hopefully they can also try to figure out what's causing your lining to be so thin, especially with Femara (that's usually an issue with Clomid, but not so much with Femara). My lining is now fine (I've had a surgery to correct the shape of my uterus which was impacting my lining), but I was on Prometrium after ovulation (still am now just to be sure as it helps to maintain the lining) and know some people take estrace or something like that to help it. I've also read that many people suggest raspberry leaf tea.
  • Options
    @kidshrink
    If this round doesnt work we will either be trying once more OR going to the RE my OB is sending me to, probably for an HSG. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ***total lurker here***
    I second going to an RE. But---in the meantime, I would strongly encourage you to discuss your lining with your doc. 2mm is incredibly thin & from what I know, it's too thin for implantation to take place. I'm not saying that to discourage you, but to give you time to discuss with your doc so this cycle isn't set up for failure. As a PP stated, you can start on progesterone or estrace to thicken your lining, prior to ovulation. It is worth running by your doc. Best wishes!!
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  
  • Options
    @bslav23 I will call and see what my Dr says about taking a progesterone :) thank you.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I really hope you & your doc can find a good way of dealing with your lining. I had that problem during one of my IUI cycles & took vaginal estrace. It did thicken it but it wasn't my successful cycle. Best wishes to you!
    DH & I married 12/17/2012
    Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
    DH (41)-no MFI
    07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
    08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
    10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
    11/2014-benched due to cyst
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
    09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!