November 2015 Moms

Coming home outfit :)

Re: Coming home outfit :)

• I had an adorable newborn koala baby outfit picked out when my DS was born annnnnd he was 9lb3oz.so far I've bought maybe a handful of newborn outfits. My dr told me that baby's weight will stem from what both parents weighed as a newborn. I was damn near 9lbs and DH was like freaking 11 lbs... Soooo like I said. We haven't bought barely any newborn clothes.

Wait does your babies birthweight really potentially stem from the parents birth weight? I was only 4lbs 3oz... But I have no idea how much my babies father weighed at birth

A child's size is partially genetic since it's influenced by height and body type.  If mom and dad are both 6ft tall and 200lbs or more, it's unlikely you'll go home with a 5lb baby.  If mom and dad are both hoovering around 5ft and 120lbs you'll likely not end up with a 10lb baby. I'm 5' 3" and my ex was 6" 1'.  Our daughter was 5lb 8oz and 19" at birth exactly the same as I was when I was born.  Her growth has paralleled mine her entire life.  Most kids are going to naturally fall somewhere between their parents body type. 

I'm going to have to disagree. I was 5'7" and 115 lbs. DH is 5'11" and 160. My son was 10 lbs at birth.
  • Loading the player...
  • Our baby's being named Charles, after Charles Schulz or Charlie Brown. So naturally we bought a Charlie Brown onesie. We'll pair it with some pants and I'm hoping to get some little socks that look like Chuck Taylor's.

There are some chuck Taylor socks on Zulily right now!!!
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • This is our little guys coming home outfit, its got tiny little airplanes on it and it comes with a cap. We live in Texas (Houston area) so the chances of it being cold at all are slim but he will still get covered up so this is just for pics
    BabyFruit Ticker

• This is my favourite post!! I get so excited when I see new outfits posted! ☺️ There all so cute
  • jscasher said:
    I had an adorable newborn koala baby outfit picked out when my DS was born annnnnd he was 9lb3oz.so far I've bought maybe a handful of newborn outfits. My dr told me that baby's weight will stem from what both parents weighed as a newborn. I was damn near 9lbs and DH was like freaking 11 lbs... Soooo like I said. We haven't bought barely any newborn clothes.
    Wait does your babies birthweight really potentially stem from the parents birth weight? I was only 4lbs 3oz... But I have no idea how much my babies father weighed at birth
    A child's size is partially genetic since it's influenced by height and body type.  If mom and dad are both 6ft tall and 200lbs or more, it's unlikely you'll go home with a 5lb baby.  If mom and dad are both hoovering around 5ft and 120lbs you'll likely not end up with a 10lb baby. I'm 5' 3" and my ex was 6" 1'.  Our daughter was 5lb 8oz and 19" at birth exactly the same as I was when I was born.  Her growth has paralleled mine her entire life.  Most kids are going to naturally fall somewhere between their parents body type. 
    ----------- My husband is 5'9" and 150 pounds. He was an 11 pounder. Juuusssttt saying. His parents were also both under 6 feet and on the slimmer side. I think I was about 6 pounds and some odd ounces, and I'm 5'6". Dad was 5'11 and mom 5'3". Not saying your point is moot, but I'm terrified I'm going to have a strapping 11 pound boy lol
    My husband (6'2") and his brother (6', I think) were both under 8 lbs at birth.  My sister and I both were under 8 lbs, as well, despite each going two weeks past our due dates (my mom was measuring so big toward the end of her pregnancy with my sister that there was apparently a pool as to how big she would be).
  • I must have been living under a rock because I did not know this was a thing. I thought they gave baby like...a little white blanket with stripes on it or something. 

You learn new things every day. 
    Do unto others. 
  • Ok, I DID know that part. I just always saw pictures of babies wrapped in blankets coming home from hospital but I have to admit these onesies are SO CUTE gah, I'm just going to lurk and stare at them. 
    Do unto others. 
  • I have the same sweater from target for my baby boy but I picked this outfit from Etsy for his coming home look with some 'jeans'.
  • I too am I Lil weary about baby's size. At my last ultrasound he was already 2.5 lbs in the 70th percentile. So, I think I will be taking a newborn and 0-3 month outfit. Because it's November I picked outfits with hats and either booties or closed in feet. I got my outfits from Carters, I'm in LOVE with Carters clothes now ❤❤❤
  • We bought the same coming home outfit for our Carter from target for $9.00! Super cute
  • edited August 2015
    For a November due date I am assuming I need to bring a hat and long sleeves/bottoms. 

Carter's has some ADORABLE stuff, does anyone have experience with getting custom onesies with words on them from places like Etsy? I am a little wary. 
    Do unto others. 
  • That's not crazy at all. My first was swimming in the 0-3 outfit that I brought to the hospital. This time I'm bringing a newborn outfit and a 0-3 just to be on the safe side.
  • I too am I Lil weary about baby's size. At my last ultrasound he was already 2.5 lbs in the 70th percentile. So, I think I will be taking a newborn and 0-3 month outfit. Because it's November I picked outfits with hats and either booties or closed in feet. I got my outfits from Carters, I'm in LOVE with Carters clothes now ❤❤❤

We got the little outfit with the raccoon on it just incase the newborn one we got doesn't fit.. It has little raccoons on the feet and it's just gray and simple.. And adorable!!!! We are bringing both just incase he's too big for newborn sized clothes..
  • I just finished baby girls going home outfit today. Debating on monograming her name to it. (once we can pick a name).
    ahhh love this! make me one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I just finished baby girls going home outfit today. Debating on monograming her name to it. (once we can pick a name).

ahhh love this! make me one!

Let me correct my prior statement. I did not hand make the bow/headband... But I made the rest.

But thank you!
  • Question...I was going to bring two outfits just in case, a newborn outfit and then either a 0-3 month outfit or just a 3 month outfit? I can't even really tell the differences between 0-3 and 3, any suggestions? Or does it matter?
  • tayzav said:
    Question...I was going to bring two outfits just in case, a newborn outfit and then either a 0-3 month outfit or just a 3 month outfit? I can't even really tell the differences between 0-3 and 3, any suggestions? Or does it matter?
    What brands are they? Carters I have noticed run very small

Pregnancy Ticker
  • tayzav said:

Question...I was going to bring two outfits just in case, a newborn outfit and then either a 0-3 month outfit or just a 3 month outfit? I can't even really tell the differences between 0-3 and 3, any suggestions? Or does it matter?

I learned this after I had my first child. If it's a 3 month shirt it means up to 3 months. So the child should be able to wear it until they are about 3 months old. Before I found this out I thought 3 months meant they would start wearing it at 3 months.

That's why the newborn and 0-3 month outfits look about the same size.
  • @grapesoda1111 yes both that I'm thinking about bringing are carters, and now that they've been washed they look even smaller.

@MoRay05 thank you, that's what I was wondering too. So they're basically the same. I was thinking about a 3 month one instead of a 0-3 because it has long sleeves. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for reading this much into it but I really didn't know haha.
  • tayzav said:
    @grapesoda1111 yes both that I'm thinking about bringing are carters, and now that they've been washed they look even smaller. @MoRay05 thank you, that's what I was wondering too. So they're basically the same. I was thinking about a 3 month one instead of a 0-3 because it has long sleeves. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for reading this much into it but I really didn't know haha.
    Yeah, I havent noticed too much of a difference between those 2 sizes in carters. I'm bringing 2 different outfits, 2 different sizes and 2 different brands! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• tayzav said:

@grapesoda1111 yes both that I'm thinking about bringing are carters, and now that they've been washed they look even smaller.

@MoRay05 thank you, that's what I was wondering too. So they're basically the same. I was thinking about a 3 month one instead of a 0-3 because it has long sleeves. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for reading this much into it but I really didn't know haha.

Yeah, I havent noticed too much of a difference between those 2 sizes in carters. I'm bringing 2 different outfits, 2 different sizes and 2 different brands! 

Better to be too big than too small!
  • I got this outfit at Gymboree today. Thinking this is a possibility. The bonus is that she could be a squirrel for Halloween if she's born before then, too. To deal with sizing anxiety, I bought a set of onesie extenders on etsy. It comes in a set of 3 with different snaps on each one so they work with different brands. The reviews were great and parents said they help add a few months to onesies. Woohoo!!
  • I got this outfit at Gymboree today. Thinking this is a possibility. The bonus is that she could be a squirrel for Halloween if she's born before then, too. To deal with sizing anxiety, I bought a set of onesie extenders on etsy. It comes in a set of 3 with different snaps on each one so they work with different brands. The reviews were great and parents said they help add a few months to onesies. Woohoo!!

@2015mommy2b That is a super cute outfit!! Can I just say one little thing??? Just be cautious of things with hoods. Either they bunch up behind the neck and baby looks really uncomfortable, or because it's not removable it can make baby really hot (depending on where you are).
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • If it's cold was thinking maybe this but if it's warm just a all in one suit! Also depends on size of baby!
  • Probably this. I live in WI so it'll be pretty cold if not snowing by then so I'm thinking the outfit doesn't matter too much anyway considering she'll have blanket, hat, etc. on but I still couldn't resist this.
  • I just googled looking for a picture of the carter's outfit I bought but apparently it's been discontinued.  It's a onesie with hot air balloons, a pair of polka dot pants and a pink sweater.  I'd take a picture but that would take real effort. ;)

photo 2c2eea5b-cb3d-4ba5-8e22-39fd2841956b_zps4ux1rnnr.jpg

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I always heard picking out the going home outfit was the daddy's job...
  • kmkrushi said:

I always heard picking out the going home outfit was the daddy's job...

Never heard this...
  • Ella's coming home outfit :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would be surprised how much you use blankets on them in the car seat I didn't even really need a coat when my first was that tiny
  • Cook3133 said:

kmkrushi said:

I always heard picking out the going home outfit was the daddy's job...

Never heard this...
    I don't know where I heard it but it turned into a necessity for us when DD came early. DH was actually excited about it and is looking forward to picking something out this time too. Although he may think the Batman onesie he already got will be DD2'S going home outfit...
  • vomitrosa said:

Just ordered Sullivan's coming home outfit today! I'm so excited.

I would be surprised how much you use blankets on them in the car seat I didn't even really need a coat when my first was that tiny

The average November temperature in WI is 46 degrees... that definitely requires a blanket or five.

• Just ordered Sullivan's coming home outfit today! I'm so excited.

When you buckle them in the car seat, wouldnt the legs get cold (when you have to pull it up to close buckle)? Or would you use leggings under the opening?

vashleyhernandez  well they do make pants obviously...LOL, we also live in California....our last "fall" didn't get under 70 degrees.