April 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC

Flame Free Friday Confessions (not always flame free!).... and go!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
BFP #3 11/2015, CP
BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

Re: FFFC

• Options
    KDHB13 said:
    I'm SO sick of the "Positive Stories" thread. I wish it would just die. 

Yes! I have avoided that thread because I was late to the party and most people had already said what I was thinking. Honestly I still don't get it...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My FFC....I'm not excited to tell my parents about the baby. I have no idea why...we haven't been as close to each other in the last few years but I don't really have a reason for not telling them. With DS we were so excited. 
  • Options
    St0v3sSt0v3s member
    edited August 2015
    KDHB13 said:

I'm SO sick of the "Positive Stories" thread. I wish it would just die. 

I think I only read the OP and haven't been back to check it out

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I just don't understand what people want. Like, what kind of reassurance?? Not one of the butthurt randos has said what kind of story they're looking for. And why is it a crime to point out that pregnancy is hard and that's normal and it's ok for it to not be kittens and rainbows all the time?

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    KDHB13 said:
    I just don't understand what people want. Like, what kind of reassurance?? Not one of the butthurt randos has said what kind of story they're looking for. And why is it a crime to point out that pregnancy is hard and that's normal and it's ok for it to not be kittens and rainbows all the time?
    Yes, it's like making a thread to discuss all the people you know who are healthy to make things "positive" instead of those battling serious illness. Like when you hear someone is sick, you don't talk about how many people you know that aren't. Same with m/c, you don't point out to the person going through it that you know so many people who haven't had loss. 
  • Options
    It's Friday and I helped a coworker out and switched days. She didn't tell me she worked 9-930 pm today and I got stuck with it. I wish I had said no.
  • Options
    I'm debating throwing out one of DS' favorite toys. He loves it but it doesn't do what he wants it to and he gets really frustrated and I'm over it. It may disappear at nap time today.
  • Options
    I have done practically nothing with my week off but hang out here and rewatch the first season of True Blood. 

BabyFruit Ticker      image 
  • Options
    My FFC: I want to go on select threads like the disappearing symptoms thread and type QFP.

For those who have experience with BMB, how long does it take for the repeated questions, common symptom talk and stuff to die?

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @st0v3s umm it usually slows down by 2nd tri, but it never really goes away. And there's usually some clueless one who does it constantly like a week after it has already been discussed a million times.
  • Options
    St0v3s said:

My

For those who have experience with BMB, how long does it take for the repeated questions, common symptom talk and stuff to die?

Depends. On my last board it was about two months in, when everyone figured out how to use the board and all of those who would be April mommies got their BFP. I am surprised at the stragglers this time around.

• Options
    sarahuflsarahufl member
    edited August 2015
    Agreed with the positive stories thread- nobody was nasty in there.

I don't have positive pregnancy stories- my last one ended up in emergency surgery. But nobody has explained to me why that makes me negative.

ETA: Now it is closed for being "unwelcoming". I don't get it.
  • Options
    My ILS are a mess. I would be perfectly happy if we cut ties with them.
  • Options
    Carazona5Carazona5 member
    edited August 2015
    I'm a nanny and the kids I watch have one of those "popper" toys. Why have these things been around as long as they have?? Every time I come in to work I hide it somewhere so they can't play with it because it sets my nerves on edge. I've been in child care for years and can put up with a lot of noise but for some reason that thing makes me want to scream instantly. If anyone ever gets me one for a gift, it's getting thrown out lol

• Options
    AliSummer said:

I have done practically nothing with my week off but hang out here and rewatch the first season of True Blood. 

I love trueblood
  • Options
    We've told my mom and step-dad, my in-laws, my grandmother and a lot of friends we're pregnant...but we're not telling my Dad until we're 12 weeks because he absolutely cannot keep a secret.  I feel badly about this...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    There is also a thread on 1st tri that got shut down for being mean because someone said they could feel their baby move at 4 weeks.
  • Options
    jsassyjsassy member
    edited August 2015
    KDHB13 said:

MrsCayEye said:

sarahufl said:

There is also a thread on 1st tri that got shut down for being mean because someone said they could feel their baby move at 4 weeks.

It's only a matter of time before a magic uterus appears here too.
    There was one on March last night!
    I missed this last night but am now all caught up. I am saddened by all the snowflaykes around. I really had higher expectations for BMBs but now I'm not really sure why. I appreciate you girls more than you know.
    Me: 35 - DH: 34
    Married: 08/2009
    BFP #1: 11/2010 - DS born 07/2011
    TTC #2: 02/2014
    RE Dx-Unexplained IF: 06/2015
    BFP #2: 08/12/15 - MC 08/27/15
    BFP #3: 03/11/16 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/09/16 - DD born 12/2016  <3

• Options
    jsassy said:

KDHB13 said:

MrsCayEye said:

sarahufl said:

I missed this last night but am now all caught up. I am saddened by all the snowflaykes around. I really had higher expectations for BMBs but now I'm not really sure why. I appreciate you girls more than you know.
    I'm a straddler (due March 30), but I like you guys better because the March board is just so darn catty! I'll probably deliver in April anyways!
  • Options
    jsassy said:
    This. Especially after checking out the boards on my Glow app - eek!

KDHB13 you got your wish! That thread was seriously ridiculous. I don't think a single person was mean except for the white knights that kept coming in and bashing on us "negative" people.

My FFFC - I skipped running this morning in our warmup (crossfit) because I was already really nauseous and didn't want to get sicker. But I really despise running and plan to skip it as much as possible in the next 8 months.
  • Options
    My FFFC: I ate veggie chips for breakfast instead of fruit. They were delicious. I am likely to do it again.
  • Options
    I have another one: I lose a little respect for people who don't think to crop their name and/or birth date out of their ultrasound picture. Basic internet safety, people!
  • Options
    AEG84 said:
    I have another one: I lose a little respect for people who don't think to crop their name and/or birth date out of their ultrasound picture. Basic internet safety, people!
    Dude, I know. I commented on one today that had full name, DOB and the name of the OB practice where the person was being treated. Don't be dumb.

Also, I hate when people share ultrasound pics. Mine is on my fridge and I am so  happy to see it every day, but I don't want to see everyone's.
  • Options
    I know it early but there are way too many hormones going on, I am surprised everyone is being so nice. In my last BMB there had already been several throw downs at this point.
  • Options
    I don't want my mum to come out when I give birth, nor do I want her to stay and watch my other daughter. I love her, but as I've learned they say in the South, "Bless her heart". She means well but just brings DRAMA and I don't need that. 

image   image

• Options
    Jules08 said:
    I actually love trolls and WKs because when I read the responses I get to see who's snarky and who's unicorn rainbow glitter.  Where's the MUD?!
    What does "MUD" mean? I've seen it a few times now.
  • Options
    @yodiggity - Made up drama

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Options
    My husband is hoping for a boy this time around. However, I am secretly hoping for another girl. :) Both of our families have only girls in that generation so he isn't the only one crossing their fingers for a boy. I am not opposed to having a boy just kind of want it to be a girl. I think my mom is hoping too. I know healthy is of course the most important and I will totally be happy with what I get but here's hoping for team pink.
  • Options
    I really don't want to tell my dad and brother that I'm Pg. I'm excited to tell my mom and stepdad but my brother and dad are such debbie downers. They're both so negative. uggh.
  • Options
    So we're moving in a few weeks and I leave next week to see my dad. I'll be gone for 2 1/2 weeks. Because of this I have to get everything packed, clean, and ready to go because I know DH won't do it while I'm gone. Unfortunately DD won't let me do ANYTHING! It is ridiculous! I'm so far behind it makes me want to cry!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I really don't want my I laws to come visit . Ever. But especially not right when I'm about to give birth. But I know they'll show up like two week before my due date and expect to be entertained and managed and I'm already exhausted thinking about it (when my husband's niece was born they flew out and stayed for TWO MONTHS). They weren't very good parents to my husband and I have no interest in them near our child.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker