October 2015 Moms

Baby Shower Outfit - what did you wear / are you wearing?

My baby shower is next weekend and I got a long white dress from Pea in the Pod. It isnt exactly what I had in mind to wear but couldn't find anything else I liked. What are you all wearing!?

Re: Baby Shower Outfit - what did you wear / are you wearing?

• Thanks for this thread! I'm still searching and want to see what other people are wearing ;)

I definitely want some sort of maxi dress...I have a few I've seen and *kind of* like, but nothing I'm in love with. I want to look fabulous because hey, why not? I've been looking at ASOS every single day for new stock, with no such luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought a dress from pink blush maternity, I am having a boy, the maxi dress is light blue and navy, I am also going to use it for maternity pictures!
  • A jersey material maxi dress in blue for my little man. It was hard to find something that I actually felt good in and not like a whale wearing a moo moo.
  • I wore a knee length pink maternity dress I had bought at Kohls a while back.  It is very simple, short sleeve, empire waist with a ribbon.  Pink is my favorite color and I am having a girl, so it seemed appropriate.

I did also wear some flat sandals that my husband had to put on for me cause I couldn't reach down to do the buckle.  I have been pretty strictly in the flip flop camp for the past few weeks.  I told him that he was like my prince charming!  
  • This is from Target. It's maxi dress length for me. Probably will wear with some flip flops.

• Thanks for this thread! I'm still searching and want to see what other people are wearing ;)

I definitely want some sort of maxi dress...I have a few I've seen and *kind of* like, but nothing I'm in love with. I want to look fabulous because hey, why not? I've been looking at ASOS every single day for new stock, with no such luck.
    Nordstrom has a lot of cute maxi dresses, but they could get a little pricey :)

• I will likely end up wearing leggings with a longer maternity top that has a tie above the belly. I have several that are pretty cute.
  • I also got a dress from pink blush. It's a empire waist dress so it's was comfortable and flattering and plenty of room for my belly since I wasn't sure how big I'd be when I bought it.
  • This is what I wore, black jumpsuit from JC Penny. Also pictured is hubby in black and white and one of my BFF's in purple.
  • This is what I'm planning on wearing. One is a tea party/book theme and the other is jungle themed. :)
  • I was going to wear a cotton knee length dress with a denim vest. I took maternity pictures in it and it's really comfortable but I think I'm gonna wear a maxi instead. I'm afraid I'll be self conscious of my dress being too short if I have to bend down or something. I'd rather be completely comfortable.
  • My first shower is really laid back, so that will be a blue and black dress. The other will probably be the purple dress. Both were on sale, yay!
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Where is that purple dress from, I love it
  • lfinley87 said:

Where is that purple dress from, I love it

I love it too! Seraphine is the designer, and I see upon googling that Kate Middleton wore it at some point. I found mine on eBay, but here is a link to a maternity site. I'd look around for deals though!

https://www.figure8maternity.com/item/1568800
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm wearing a black maternity dress from h&.m with a pink cardigan I think. Mines Saturday and honestly still have no idea.
  • I got a dress from pink blush maternity also
  • i wore a gray maxi from old navy and some fun yellow jewelry.  i was soooo comfy!  i did my hair and makeup nice to dress it up a bit lol
  • I wore this pink maxi from pink blush.
  • Dress from pink blush as well! And spanx to hide the belly button!
  • Those of you who ordered from Pink Blush, how did you find their sizing? Some places say it runs small, would you agree?
  • I thought it was pretty true to size, given the circumstances lol. I wore a small.
  • I ordered a bunch of basics from zulily and also ended up finding a perfect dress for my shower. The only downfall is the shipping time sometimes!!
  • I planned on trying to emulate the Hogwarts uniform (black slacks, white button up blouse, black dress shoes, Hogwarts sweater) for my Harry Potter themed shower but trying to shop for a thrifty white button up maternity blouse wasn't happening, so I changed it up! I wore my skinny dark blue maternity jeans with a beautiful white 3/4 sleeve dress shirt with a lacy back, I had my hair in a bun all day, so it was super curly. I wore pale gold eyeshadow with a brown crease and simple eyeliner and mascara and for the first time in my adult life, I wore bright red lipstick and rocked it! I felt beautiful and felt so much love.
  • I found a regular dress from tjmax ! 25$
  • Mine is this Saturday in my hometown and I've been trying to decide what to wear for months...I packed 3 dresses, (might throw a fourth one one my bag tomorrow morning) so that I have a few options and see how I feel the day of. My choices are an empire waiste black/white dress, hot pink bodycon dress and a chambray denim shift.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I planned on trying to emulate the Hogwarts uniform (black slacks, white button up blouse, black dress shoes, Hogwarts sweater) for my Harry Potter themed shower but trying to shop for a thrifty white button up maternity blouse wasn't happening, so I changed it up! I wore my skinny dark blue maternity jeans with a beautiful white 3/4 sleeve dress shirt with a lacy back, I had my hair in a bun all day, so it was super curly. I wore pale gold eyeshadow with a brown crease and simple eyeliner and mascara and for the first time in my adult life, I wore bright red lipstick and rocked it! I felt beautiful and felt so much love.

Awesome! I have barely worn makeup this entire pregnancy but plan to go big for my shower too! It'll feel nice to be done up! :) worried about the shoe situation now Bc my feet are so swollen they don't fit in even flip flops!
  • Those of you who ordered from Pink Blush, how did you find their sizing? Some places say it runs small, would you agree?
    It depended on the dress! I ordered like 6 dresses (I only needed 3) in sizes ranging from a M-L (I'm usually a medium). There was one dress that I loved (similar to this but not the damask on the bottom: https://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-15415-aqua-purple-multi-color-damask-bottom-maternity-maxi-dress.aspx) that was too tight in the belly. It wasn't cotton or stretchy in anyway and I tried it on 2-3 weeks before the shower so I knew I couldn't risk it!
  • The godmother, my mom and I decided to do a really relaxed fall themed get together for the shower so I'll be looking for a plaid dress of some sort and I'll where brown wedges (I'm that crazy lady who's 71/2 months pregnant and still wearing 5 inch heels...)
  • I ordered a maxi dress from Pink Blush! So far, with everything I have ordered from them the sizing has been true-to-size. That being said, I tend to order more 'flowy' clothing rather than fitted, so there is probably more flexibility with sizing due to that.
  • I went to Macy's and found this Motherhood Maternity dress on clearance for $19. It's so comfortable and its not my go to plain black I always wear. I'm pretty short and I found that maxi dresses just make me look short and big all around. My shower is in 2 weeks. Good luck finding something you love!
  • Gorgeous dress MrsShaw614 and great deal!!!  I didn't know that Macy's has Motherhood maternity dresses. 

My surprise shower is in a month minus one day and I wonder if I will fit anything by then!!! Of course I know the date because my sister decided to text my husband the date when I was sitting right next to him... was hard not to see!  Well only a select few people know that I know so I'll just have to put on a very surprised face on for my sis!  Anyone else having a "surprise" shower? 

• Katarzyn said:

Gorgeous dress MrsShaw614 and great deal!!!  I didn't know that Macy's has Motherhood maternity dresses. 

My surprise shower is in a month minus one day and I wonder if I will fit anything by then!!! Of course I know the date because my sister decided to text my husband the date when I was sitting right next to him... was hard not to see!  Well only a select few people know that I know so I'll just have to put on a very surprised face on for my sis!  Anyone else having a "surprise" shower? 

*stuck inside the quote box*

Yes, mine is a "surprise" but I know when it is! I wanted to know. I absolutely do not want to go to my shower looking like I just rolled out of bed, and there's no plausible cover that would cause me to get as dressed up as I'd like to be. My mom and SILs are hosting, and really it's only my SILs that want it to be a surprise. My mom understands how I feel and told me the date. I do not know WHERE it will be, though. All I know is that it's at a restaurant. I am leading on to the rest of my family that I have no idea when it is, though.

• I'm going to wear a maxi dress that I bought before I got bigger. It's pretty loose but you can still see my little mama in my stomach. It's a neon green color from Old Navy. It's actually this one: 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    :) visit my blog to get easy recipes & mom stuff: http://somestufforwhatever.wordpress.com  :)
  • I'm just wearing a white and black striped maxi dress with a black summer cardigan over it!  Wanted to be comfy but also not flash my goodies with a short dress since I'll be sitting in front of everyone opening gifts!

• This is from Target. It's maxi dress length for me. Probably will wear with some flip flops.

I wore that exact same dress to my shower a couple weeks ago, but in the color below. Soooooo soft and comfy. Maxi length on me, too, and looks good with flip flops or sandals.

• You all have such beautiful outfits! I will post a picture next weekend after my shower of what I am wearing, I can't wait to see all of the cute baby presents!! This is definitely way more fun and exciting than the bridal shower! LOL