Trouble TTC

Endometrium Lining too thin? :(

BlissfulWifeyBlissfulWifey member
edited August 2015 in Trouble TTC
I had my second round appointment Monday 8/17/15 after taking letrozole. I had an ultrasound These were my results:
Day 11
Left Ovary: 2.4 and 2.0 (i guess the 2.0 is the one we are betting on)
Endometrium: 2mm (they like it to be 8mm but i guess it can still work)

My DR said she has had someone get pregnant with .05mm lining. Im just curious how bad mine really is. It continues to thicken so maybe by ovulation and implantation it will bethicker?  Any advice ?
Married to My Best Friend
Mom to 2 Fur Babies (Great Danes)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Endometrium Lining too thin? :(

• I think this is why people trust REs more with stims because they are pros at this. One problem with some ovulation medications is that they can cause thinning of the lining, there are ways to help prevent this. I am not even at a point where I am taking meds to help me ovulate so I really can't offer any advice on this.

I will say that I held out to be medicated by an RE instead of my OB who diagnosed me just because I trust an RE more. Granted, there are OBs who "specialize" in infertility treatments and prefer to treat these types of patients. I'm also super worried about taking anything because I've had bad cysts rupture and bleed out and I'm just overly paranoid about EVERYTHING.

I would really stress with your doctor that you are worried about the thickness of your lining and you are (past) 11DPO and feel your lining should be thicker. Your doctor does sound hopeful that everything will be fine :)
  • riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited August 2015
    Your lining is extremely thin. Mine was 5.3 at my CD 13 and my RE gave me a 1% chance of pregnancy that cycle. He said it is extremely rare to see implantation at that level and even rarer for a viable pregnancy. He put me on vaginal estrace to thicken the lining and in 3 days it increased to 11.3. I would say it's terrible your OB did not prescribe estrace and would say someone implanted at 0.5. I can't even believe that and, if so, it truly was a miracle. Hate to be such a Debbie Downer for you right now but I'm actually angry at your OB for her poor treatment of you. I would demand an RE referral and never go back to her again. She is wasting your money, your time, and your precious emotional resources.

Though, honestly, I'm wondering if there is a measurement conversion issue here because follicles aren't mature until 18-22mm. So, I'm not sure what is going on.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Loading the player...
  • @riveridgional I believe there must be some kind of conversion, i was confused as well. I just called my Dr and they said they don't like to prescribe progesterone to thicken the lining. Is that what Estrace is? Last month on our first round my lining was fine. this month i was assuming it was due to have a period for 5 days verses the normal 4. 

@copperlane Yes my OB is one of the one in the office who will do infertility. BUT the RE she is referring me to i'm sure will be more knowledgeable . but i was trying to go this route first to see if it would work. I'm indecisive whether to try again if this one is a BPN or go to the RE and get the HSG and try with them .

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Estrace is estrogen and for some reason when taken vaginally versus orally it works to increase the lining better. I would encourage you to go to an RE if this round does not work.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• @riveridgional thank you :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @riveridgional im not sure if i have ovulated yet. we are on 48 hours after the trigger shot. would it be too late to take estrace if i got prescribed?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't think so. Given my response to it (though everyone responds differently), you would probably be able to thicken it up before implantation, which is the important time. I believe they like to see a minimum of 8mm with 10 being optimal. I just check my notes from last cycle. I started 2xs a day on CD 13 with 5.3mm lining. On CD17 I went back for another u/s and it was 11.3, and they were able to confirm I already ovulated using my u/s and bloodwork. Based on my symptoms, I O'd CD16. I didn't wind up with my BFP, but I'm pretty confident it wasn't due to my lining. Good luck!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14