TTC After a Loss

Confused on ttc after stillborn

i gave birth to my little Luna at 21w6d on August 9th and although we love our little girl my husband and I feel we want a baby and we would never replace her but give her a younger sibling my parents told me not to try again for a year or two there are moments where I feel like complete crud when I think of having another baby because I worry to much about what people will say but I feel like I do want to have a baby any advice on when to start trying again and i had her vaginally it was a normal healthy pregnancy when would be ideal to try again? Is it normal to try again so soon after having a stillbirth...

Re: Confused on ttc after stillborn

• I am so sorry for your loss! I gave birth to my sleeping boy on July 30th and I was 24 weeks exactly. I had a completely healthy pregnancy and went to the dr because I hadn't felt movement for a couple days and it was a cord accident due to a lack of whartons jelly on part of the cord causing a tear. It is something that no one should ever have to go through! I went to the dr for my two week checkup and he cleared us to have inter course and just told us to wait one period to try for dating purposes. We want to try right away to move forward and we know it's the only thing that will help us move forward and give us happiness! We don't care what anyone thinks about it being too soon because it's what we want! When you and hubby are ready that's all that matters.
  • I'm sorry for your loss as well before this happened to me I never thought of all the bad that could go wrong I thought after 13w miscarriage would be very unlikely but I was naive then now I know anything can happen. I wish no one would ever have to go through what we've been through. It's nice to hear im not the only one who thinks of getting pregnant right after the loss of a child.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our baby girl when she was 5 weeks old and my MFM told us to wait 3 cycles. It may be different though after giving birth full term. As for people telling you to wait or worrying what people think...I know how you feel. I think we all worry that we don't want people to think we are replacing our lost babies. I know she can't be replaced but that doesn't mean we don't deserve to be happy and have a baby. We've decided to TTC again but aren't telling our family. It really isn't their business and if we feel ready, then that's all that matters.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MamaBishMamaBish member
    edited August 2015
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I suggest you talk to your Dr and see what they recommend for your situation. I had my dd stillborn in March at 28 weeks gestation and the Drs told us to wait at least 3 months before we tried for another. They wanted me to give my body time to "reset" so it could better support another pregnancy. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015