Trying to Get Pregnant

What should I be watching to kill time?

I am currently (im)patiently waiting for my period to start so that I can start BBT and this will be our first cycle TTC. I need help killing lots of time this month (and potentially several of the coming months). What should I be watching on Hulu/Netflix? I've done Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Army Wives, One Tree Hill, Devious Maids, Gossip Girl, Gilmore Girls, and Breaking Bad. I tried to watch Orange Is the New Black and I did not enjoy it. What shows are you loving? Thanks Everyone  :)

Re: What should I be watching to kill time?

• Give The Office and Parks and Recreation a shot! I've fallen in love with all of the characters from both shows!
  • I recently just got caught up on Scandal and it is really good.

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Loading the player...
  • Homeland and Game of Thrones were my two most recent binge watches, although you'll have to download them because they aren't on netflix or hulu....  If we are strictly talking those venues, I'd recommend Bobs Burger, How I Met Your Mother, Friends.... :) 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Nashville is my favorite. Have heard really good things about game of thrones too. I am enjoying Aquarius right now but not sure if it is on Hulu yet...you have to really pay attention to little details or you can become easily lost on the story line. Sons of Anarchy seems to be a hit with lots of people as well.
    BabyGaga
  • I love House of Cards, Scandal, Bloodline, the Fall. I'm into political and crime thrillers obviously. ;)

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• I've been watching Bachelor in Paradise (no spoilers- need to watch this week's eps still) and old episodes of America's Next Top Model. I do really like OITNB so I'm sad you didn't like it- it is kind of intense and a bit of a slow burn though so I get it.

If you ever saw the movie Wet Hot American Summer, the new TV show on netflix is a hilarious counterpart to it. Definitely watch the movie first before you see the show. 
  • Private Practice, Parenthood, Chasing Life
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• I just finished watching all of Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown.  It's awesome if you're into culture and food.  I've also been watching a zillion WWII and other history documentaries.  And I signed up for Kindle Unlimited that I've been using on my iPad so I've burned through a ton of books and discovered some new authors that I love.
  • I loved Private Practice! 
  • I second Wet Hot American Summer and House of Cards. Bojack Horseman is also good- animated series on netflix, took me a few episodes to really get into but ended up liking it a lot
  • The Big Bang Theory, Friends, Parks and Rec... On a more serious note, Madam Secretary and Sherlock (on the BBC). 
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 09/18/2009
    TTC #1: 01/2015
    BFP #1: May 2015 | EDD: Jan 2016 | MC: Jun 2015
    TTC#2: 07/2015

• Friday Night Lights, Bloodline, Unbreakable Kinmy Schmidt, New Girl
  • Everything @WinchestertoPittsburgh suggested!! I am a huge fan of Game of Thrones. I'm actually rereading the books X_X
  • Grace and Frankie, I second Unbreakable Kinmy Schmidt, Royal Pains, and Burn Notice.  
  • I've been watching Leverage, Burn Notice, and rewatching Heroes since a new season is coming out this year.

• Doctor Who!
    Downton Abbey
    Torchwood

Dangerous Grounds
    Parts Unknown (Anthony Bourdain)
    No Reservations (Also Bourdain)

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I almost forgot... I'm absolutely addicted to Gordon Ramsey, so all of the Kitchen Nightmare shows (both British and American) as well as Hells Kitchen, Hotel Hell, etc... 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Nashville is really good! And Game of Thrones is AMAZING. I am slightly obsessed.

@RachelT1234 I am also re-reading the books! I'm on Feast for Crows :)

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • I'm reading GOT and I'm on A Feast For Crows too! I've slowed down lately (its a bit heavy to read in hot weather, you think?) but I've been itching to get back to it.

• BornMamaBornMama member
    edited August 2015
    I agree with PP suggestion of Friday Night Lights(so good! I watched this one right after I got done with Army Wives and I really liked both. I guess in my mind they're sorta similar tones although I might be making that up.) 

Also, The Fosters is a good ABC-Family show, and I love 30 Rock. 

I just got done watching Californication.  Its...disturbing but engrossing. 

I'm going to go check out Bloodline per PP suggestions. ;)

Edited to Ask: I forgot that Bloodline was the newer Kyle Chandler Netflix show--so it gets good, huh? 
    I've tried to watch the first episode and couldn't get into it.  But I've loved Kyle Chandler since Early Edition so I want to like it.  

<3 In Love 2001
    Married 2009
    TTC#1 2014
  • Parenthood. You can thank me later!

BFP #1- March 4 (MC March 24)
    BFP #2- May 26
  • txjrog said:

Parenthood. You can thank me later!

Parenthood and Friday Night Lights are the best shows I have watched on Netflix in awhile, even quite possibly ever. I also really like Once Upon a Time!
  • I'm currently watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I never watched it when it was on. Also, two of my favorite shows of all time are on Netflix: Mad Men and Lost!
    Married 4.26.08
    TTC #1 April 2015
    BFP #1 11.15.15
    MMC/NMC 12.22.15
    BFP #2 6.13.16
    NMC 7.2.16

LFAF March Siggy: Nasty Women
    Kate McKinnon
    Image result for kate mckinnon quotes gifImage result for kate mckinnon quotes gif

Other LFAF Awards: Most likely shopping for LuLaRoe, Sweetest LFAFer, Kindest, Jokiest Jokester, Most likely to meow, Best smelling Bumpie, LFAFer I'd like to meet, Most Genuine

• Catching up on old seasons/ watching the new season of Arrested Development.  Also wanted to check out the series version of Wet Hot American Summer.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married Sept '13
    TTC Dec '13
    BFP 10/8/2014 MMC 11/20/2014 D&C 11/26/14
    BFP 9/20/2015 MMC 10/7/2015 D&C 10/15/15
    BFP 3/6/2016

• I love Game of Thrones, private practice, Greys Anatomy, Scandal, Masters of Sex, Big Bang Theory, House and so much more!!!
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• I second Bachelor in paradise. Can't beat the pure drama entertainment. Joe deserves to be kicked out of paradise

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Just finished updating my Netflix list too. I'd have to add Breaking Bad and Orange is the New Black.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • mrsE2015mrsE2015 member
    edited August 2015
    Scandal, white collar, and bones! <3 royal pains is also good! Ohhh and if you have never watched House, it is one of my favorites!!!
  • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix! So funny.
    Me - 30; DH - 30
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    3/16 - Started infertility testing
    4/16 - SA results: borderline low count/morph
    8/16 - Ultrasound and HSG: all clear! Prescribed Bromocriptine for elevated Prolactin levels.
    9/16 - Prolactin down to normal levels! 

IUI #1 - 9/21/16 - Clomid 50mg, Estrace, Ovidrel, Progesterone/Estradiol - 4 follies - BFP! EDD 6/15/17 Team PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Orphan Black, Parenthood, Downton Abbey!
  • Dexter, prison break, Carrie diaries, unbreakable, PLL, Sons of anarchy, house, criminal minds. :-)
  • My favorites are Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Orphan Black, Bloodline... Also OITNB but you didn't enjoy that one :).

I have been watching Astronaut Wives (On ABC), Bachelor in Paradise and Big Brother lately.

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• I would agree with what everyone else has said. Some of my favorites are: Parks & Recreation, Parenthood, Game of Thrones (also read all the books. George! Release the last book darnit!) How I Met Your Mother, Friends, Grace & Frankie.

I thought Scandal was meh. I'm into Shonda for the first season of something, then fall off. Even though you didn't like Orange Is The New Black, I liked it a lot. I also read the diary the show is based on, and liked seeing the differences. :) 

• This will make me look SUPER lazy but...

Game of Thrones
    Shameless
    Mad Men
    Friday Night Lights
    Parenthood
    Modern Family
    The Office
    House of Cards
    Real Housewives NY/OC/BH
    Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    Masters of Sex
    The Knick
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • KyCat said:
    I'm currently watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I never watched it when it was on. Also, two of my favorite shows of all time are on Netflix: Mad Men and Lost!
    Holy crap!! I didn't know Buffy was on Netflix! You just made my day! lol

I also vote for Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, The Office, GOT, House of Cards, and one of my faves is Suits! Totally have huge crushes on both those guys, lol.
  • @laurenncrosss I'm so sad that they canceled the Carrie diaries! :(
  • Parenthood. Binge watched it a few months ago when I was sick with the flu. Fell in love with that show.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker