Pregnant after IF

***2nd tri check-in 8/17/15***

MrsBwIVFMrsBwIVF member
edited August 2015 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this epically long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

QOTW: What holiday are you most looking forward to spending with your little one(s) as they continue to grow?

@MrsBwIvf- EDD 12/21/15 with two beans- one girl and one boy!
@andimegie325- EDD 1/10/16 with one bean- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex
@somewhereinafrica- EDD 1/8/16 With a little boy!
@MarnieF- EDD1/12/16 with one little lady!
@Emcarl24- EDD 1/21 with one bean- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex
@kelley421- EDD 1/26/16 with TWO girls and ONE boy! Congrats mama!!!
@knottie4978096- EDD 2/2/16 with one bean- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex
@potatocastillo- EDD 2/5 with one bean- waiting on elective scan to find out the sex
@shelly333- EDD? with one bean- waiting til birth to find out the sex- team Green!

Big welcome to @potatocastillo!!! 

(*Sorry for the post going up so late!*)

Re: ***2nd tri check-in 8/17/15***

• marniefmarnief member
    edited August 2015
    @MrsBwIVF - a girl and a boy! How exciting!!! Sooo excited for you. :)

Nothin' new here...19 weeks tomorrow (in an hour and a half!) and I still haven't felt any movement. A/s next week, super excited for that. DD1 apparently picked up a cold on the flight home from our vacation, and as of Friday night, she shared it with her Daddy, who has now shared it with me. I'm already taking all the meds I can per my OB since my allergies are so awful (24-hr Claritin twice a day, Sudafed every 6 hours, Benadryl at night), and hopefully the Sudafed will eventually dry up my nose. Sigh. Such fun!

QOTW: I'm probably most excited for Passover. There are so many ways for kids to participate in the Seders. There are such cute songs that I remember learning, and I've watched all my nieces and nephews learn them, and I can't wait for DD1 and Yoda to learn them, too!
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations @MrsBwIVF!

We just got back from our Maine vacation. The drive is grueling and the stay never long enough! We rented a Grand Cherokee and I totally found my mom-mobile in that :D I got my first prenatal massage, which I was completely and unnecessarily freaked out over, but it was really nice and I scheduled a few more. We are impatiently waiting for the a/s which is thankfully next Monday! DH is hoping for a boy, but is 100% okay if it's a girl... I've been trying to put that into his brain because I really think it is a little lady in there.

Qotw: I love that our nugget is due in January because they'll be old enough, not remember, but to really enjoy our favorite holidays. Halloween is a huge event for us too, and I'm pretty jazzed to dress him/her up! Plus they'll be enjoying some solids for turkey day and having a blast in all the shreds of holiday wrappings :)

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • Thank you ladies.

@marnief, colds spreading around the house sound terrible! Hopefully everyone feels better in a few days and you're in tip top shape for the a/s!

@andimegie325, I'm jealous of your massage! I've been putting it off until I really need one! I normally get one every 6 months or so as I carry tons of tension in my back. Are you and DH finding out the sex at the u/s or doing a reveal?
  • You can ALWAYS use a massage! Do you have a place like Massage Envy near you? I pay $50/mo for a massage, though now that I haven't been in so long I can go every other week for the next couple months and not spend any extra!

I'm way too into instant gratification and won't be able to wait for a reveal haha! DH is coming with to the a/s so we'll at least find out together :)

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • Yes we do but with 2 on the way, I'm making sacrifices, that was an easy one to make! Haha. Plus DH gives me a nice massage every night.

I'm also super into instant gratification! I still peak into wrapped Christmas presents! But I KNEW I wanted to get our reactions on film so we could see them and it was completely worth it! Our faces in our photos are priceless. I thought it'd be harder to not peak than it was. We were just so happy to hear they were healthy and were willing to wait another day for their sexes.
  • Hey ladies... I'm 15wks and some days. Regular OB appt tomorrow with a different OB in this practice, and I am freaking PRAYING he is not a total looney, otherwise I will be lookijng for a new OB again. 

I am not a big holiday person. I mean, I get excited now for my daughter to have fun on the holidays so it will be fun to have the new baby there.  This one will be born right around me and H's bdays... So that will be fun. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay! I have an update..... My NIPT test came back and all is normal, and he's now officially a boy. The ultrasound tech said she thought he was a boy at my 12 week NT scan - and she was right. It seems more real now that we can pick out a name and buy him clothes and nursery items. My dad even pulled the toy train out of storage. My next appt is the anatomy scan at 20 weeks in Sept. So nothing much to report here except for some bad allergies and the departing of the dreaded morning sickness. Oh, and beef this week tasted more like bison, game-y Ewe.
  • 17 weeks, nothing new, feeling better and hungry!
    I love holidays. It's been difficult as I have had to share DD, so I am very excited to have 3 littles that I will have each and every holiday, all day! I love fall (I don't have much of a winter season, way south) and decorating. Our neighborhood is still up and coming but is filling in with homes quickly, so I'm hoping Halloween becomes a big event here. We will have loads of fun with costumes for triplets- DD wants to be Merida and the babies be the three little brother bears (Disney's Brave flick).

@MrsBwIVF I have been waiting to hear your reveal! Congratulations!

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• @potatocastillo, good luck tomorrow!

@knottie4978096, hooray on the confirmation! It seems much more real after knowing the official sex!

@Kelley421, ahhhhhhhh those costumes sound amazing!!!!!
    And thank you. Our reveal was amazing and we finally posted some of the photos today to the Facebook world and people are loving our facial expressions. It's all coming together!
  • I think I posted my update too soon.... I ran to the lab this morning to get the state 2nd tri blood test done (the one done in conjunction with the ultrasound) and I heard the lady at the next desk scheduling 20 week anatomy scans (in mid-October), so I asked her. I've posted previously that everything (and I do mean everything) I've had to do, lab tests, pre-auth, paperwork, etc. has been screwed up. It took me 3 tries to get my 1st tri blood test done. So, I thought it was odd that I had no return appt scheduled with the dr, but I found out there are 2 ultrasounds, not 1. So I called my dr's office, which didn't pick up and went to some centralized scheduling center (probably in India). There wasn't even an order put in for the anatomy scan (which isn't surprising, I've shown up for lab work with paperwork in hand with no order in the system, which causes me to wait while they contact the office for an order. I'm flabbergasted by how incompetent these people are! I'm switching to Kaiser in September, but still need to get this testing done in the meantime.
  • @knottie4978096, just reading this frustrates me!!!! I'm so sorry for all of this! Try to stay calm, mama.
  • Nothing new here... 18week on Thurs, and anatomy scan on Monday! Can't wait to see the baby again (and hopefully find out the sex).

@MrsBwIVF - so exciting!!!!

Glad everyone else is doing well! Hope new doctors are good, and frustration ends soon.

I think I'm most excited about Halloween too. I'm not a huge holidays person, but I am starting to wonder if this new addition will change that...
  • Hello All!

Sounds like an exciting week for most of you @Knottie4978096 you seem to be given the run around!

I had a scan on Thursday and the bleed had moved away from placenta. So that was great news! The bleed was still big and has been relentless, I have like a full in period every day! Although it slowed the last two days but night the bleeding looked a little more fresh which was disappointing and I'm hoping that doesn't mean another one, as this one was starting to look darker and therefore we were confident it was ending.

I had a minor meltdown and my midwife came over and gave me a pep talk. It was great to just let it all out about just how scary it has been and how much this is not what I had expected. She was amazing and dos some acupuncture on me. She also lifted the bed rest restrictions. We agreed so much time in bed was actually giving me too much time to focus only on every twinge and pain. So I'm starting to do little things everyday. My brother arrived so it will be nice to hang out with him!
    This baby is a massive kicker and it's great for the nerves.

My favorite holiday would have to be Christmas! I am looking forward to creating our own family traditions around that. Although not quite a holiday, I am also excited about birthday parties! I love games and throwing parties. So that would have to be my most exciting one
  • Well, a quick call to the Dr. directly straightened the whole mess out. I have an appt next Friday and the creepy thing is that the Dr. had tons of openings. Dr.s around here never have any openings - they're often triple booked! I'm so switching to Kaiser, but have to put up with this for a few more weeks.
  • So I went to OB, this was going to be the first time with this new OB, i've been to the office twice, and it's always empty- today I went and it was freaking PACKED. Turns out everyone wants to be seen by this Dr. I waited for 45 mins- FORTY FIVE, they called two people in that I never even saw come out in 45 mins, there was still two freaking people ahead of me, and I had to reschedule. The receptionist told me it is ALWAYS packed like that for that Dr? Now I'm wondering... Should I freaking switch OBs (again) or stick it out with this guy knowing the appt wait time is 1-2hrs............ but he's obviously an excellent OB. 

WWYD? 

~X(

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsBwIVFMrsBwIVF member
    edited August 2015
    @somewhereinafrica, so glad the bleed has moved away and they lightened your restrictions! I got frustrated with bed rest and was only on it for 3 days at a time so I can't imagine how you were feeling.
    Very happy your brother got to come visit and help keep your mind off of things!

@knottie4978096, glad your got another appt in and that your wait to switch is almost over!

@potatocastillo, that's a difficult decision.
    We were so used to our fertility Dr always being on time, that when we went to a regular ob and had to wait 20 extra minutes, it was a lot to take in. Each time we go in, we have to wait and at our appt last week, we waited over 45 minutes to see the actual doctor as he had gotten pulled into a delivery.
    For us, we know this group of doctors is one of the best in the area and I don't mind waiting, however, I don't work so it's not a big deal to me.
    Maybe if you can go to your appts and plan ahead knowing it'll be longer than expected, it won't be as big of a problem next time?
  • @somewhereinafrica glad you can get out of bed now! I do hope the bleeding stops soon and never returns, but I know it's so reassuring to feel those kicks.
    @knottie4978096 I'm not familiar with these insurance plans, but the one you have seems awful and too stressful.
    @potatocastillo that's a tough call. My pet peeve is waiting forever for appointments, and this is why I did not choose the OB most people I know use. My friend loved her doc so much she once waited until 630p for a 330p appt.
    If I have to use a busy doc, I try to schedule first morning, first after lunch or a very late afternoon appt. I can see this being an issue as I remember you said you bring DD to most appts, and that's a long time for her too. For me, I think I would find someone else.

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• I have a quick question, as we are all around the same time I was hoping for some insight into all these pains!

I'm definitely falling into the paranoid category but trying to deal with them rationally. Anyone with crazy lower back and hip pain?! It may be from my inactivity but the pain is insane.

I should probably start a different thread but I like you ladies!
  • I wouldn't classify my pain as crazy, but some mornings I will wake up with lower back and hip pains. Most of the time, it'll work itself out the more I move around. And I can tell it's more frequent and more of an issue if the night before, I didn't use my body pillow as much to wrap my legs around.
    Have you been using a pillow between your knees while sleeping?