Attachment Parenting
Options

Co-Sleeping Help

My son turned 3 in June. We are still very happily co-sleeping. I love it just as much as he does. I plan on ttc starting in January and want to begin my sons transition to his own bed/room, simply on the fact I wont have enough room if new baby does happen and I also don't want him to feel like hes being kicked out b/c of baby. I am thinking about moving his toddler bed into our room to start. Any other suggestions?
Me: 29 | SO: 28
Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
DS Born: 6/02/2012
Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21

Re: Co-Sleeping Help

• Options
    What about getting a mattress for his room, and spending a few nights sleeping with him there, and perhaps moving to your own bed later in the night after a few days/weeks?  Or, if he's into some animated nonsense, getting 'awesome' beds/bedding that he'd be excited to sleep in (my friend got a 'Cars' bed for her toddler, he was over the moon).
  • Options
    What about getting a mattress for his room, and spending a few nights sleeping with him there, and perhaps moving to your own bed later in the night after a few days/weeks?  Or, if he's into some animated nonsense, getting 'awesome' beds/bedding that he'd be excited to sleep in (my friend got a 'Cars' bed for her toddler, he was over the moon).
    Love the bedding idea! Think i'm going to try that this weekend. :)
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely get him excited about his BIG BOY bed. Deck his room out in his fav theme including the bedding. I agree with the comment above. Sleep with him for the first couple nights in his bed. So he feels secure that mommy is there still for
    Him. Then as he gets use to it gradually leave his bed after he falls asleep. He will wake up to join you in your bed ( our 4 year old does) so have a night light for his room and the hallway. It's not gonna happen fast so remember he may fight it and go back to just wanting to co sleep. It's totally normal. Good luck!
  • Options
    We just transitioned our 2 year old out of our bed because she stopped sleeping. After desperately trying to figure out what the cause of her sleeplessness was and after a nurse at her pedi's office suggested we lock her in her room and not respond to her cries until morning (uh, no), I bought Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers. I thought this book had a lot of really good ideas. Here's what worked for us; we completely switched up her bedtime routine. For a week, after teeth, bath, and pj's, we would go get in her "special, cozy bed" and read quietly in super dim light for 20 minutes to half an hour. After that, we would go get in our bed and fall asleep like normal. After only one night of reading in her bed, she requested her cozy bed the next night. After a week, we told her that she was going to sleep in her bed from now on, and that I would be in there with her if she needed me in the night. I expected to get zero sleep, but she slept for 11 hours! Blew my mind. It's far from perfect and definitely a work in progress, but I'm all about the baby steps. This was a huge change for all of us, so we're working to find our new normal. Good luck to you!
    Pregnancy Ticker