December 2015 Moms
Options

Halloween diaper party ideas

I am thinking of doING a coed diaper party halloween themed. This is my second son so I will not be having a shower. I was thinking of a costume contest and diaper raffles for prizes. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Re: Halloween diaper party ideas

• Options
    Mizuiro007Mizuiro007 member
    edited August 2015
    Nightmare Before Christmas diaper cakes on Amazon. That's all I can really contribute.

*Maybe a game of trying to diaper pumpkins.
  • Options
    Maybe try something like "wrap the mummy" you could get balloons and teams have to wrap a member into a pregnant mummy first to finish wins?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great idea!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Beetlejuice?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am thinking of doING a coed diaper party halloween themed. This is my second son so I will not be having a shower. I was thinking of a costume contest and diaper raffles for prizes. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.
    First, I need some clarification.  Will you be throwing this event yourself?

Second, asking for specific gifts is considered rude and a diaper party would be doing that.  Perhaps you can just have a casual get together with friends and family and leave the baby stuff out of it?  

• Options
    I absolutely love this idea! I don't have any suggestions though..have you tried Pinterest?
  • Options
    People do diaper derbies all the time!
    Your idea is super cute!
    I love carving pumpkins, maybe you can do a baby pumpkin carving or decorating contest? The mummy idea is really great (:
    I was just thinking of asking my work friends to throw me a diaper derby instead of the shower they've been planning (insert snotty shower etiquette here) since my family already bought us everything.
    Maybe I'll suggest your idea (:
  • Options
    You could wear one of these!
  • Options
    MyCousinVinnyMyCousinVinny member
    edited August 2015
    **Removed for TOU Violation**
    By all means, if you or anyone doesn't like what I have to say, feel free to block/ignore me.  My feelers won't be hurt, promise.

I'm free to offer advice/opinions where I see fit and if others don't like it, I don't really know what to tell you.  I offer opinions and advice on other matters as well and in those instances, I've not been told to 'go back where I came from' but it seems where etiquette is concerned, people have an issue with it.  Regardless of what anyone thinks, I'm not a troll, I don't purposefully try to pick fights, etc.  Apparently I stand alone when it comes to specific issues regarding manners but it doesn't mean I have to hold my voice back.  

This is the Internet, yes?  And so it goes.
  • Options
    ChiccoBeanzChiccoBeanz member
    edited August 2015
    kimb311 said:
    By all means, if you or anyone doesn't like what I have to say, feel free to block/ignore me.  My feelers won't be hurt, promise.

I'm free to offer advice/opinions where I see fit and if others don't like it, I don't really know what to tell you.  I offer opinions and advice on other matters as well and in those instances, I've not been told to 'go back where I came from' but it seems where etiquette is concerned, people have an issue with it.  Regardless of what anyone thinks, I'm not a troll, I don't purposefully try to pick fights, etc.  Apparently I stand alone when it comes to specific issues regarding manners but it doesn't mean I have to hold my voice back.  

Based on experience and observation, I beg to differ on the "I'm not a troll, I don't purposefully try to pick fights, etc" line. You tend to be extremely rude and offensive on the baby shower board. By all means, if you want to help someone, please do, just know the reaction (s) you are receiving here, including the likes on PP'S comment to you, are due to your methods of responding to people about etiquette in rude and tactless manners. The whole "this is the internet" excuse will work but so many times. Just because this is the internet, doesn't mean that you can troll boards and offend people, then play victim/offended if they respond back. Also, you wandered on to someone else's bmb... so things may go differently than on your normal stomping grounds. Just clarifying and giving you a heads up. If you took my comment as anything else, that's totally on you.
  • Options
    MyCousinVinnyMyCousinVinny member
    edited August 2015
    kimb311 said:

Based on experience and observation, I beg to differ on the "I'm not a troll, I don't purposefully try to pick fights, etc" line. You tend to be extremely rude and offensive on the baby shower board. By all means, if you want to help someone, please do, just know the reaction (s) you are receiving here, including the likes on PP'S comment to you, are due to your methods of responding to people about etiquette in rude and tactless manners. The whole "this is the internet" excuse will work but so many times. Just because this is the internet, doesn't mean that you can troll boards and offend people, then play victim/offended if they respond back. Also, you wandered on to someone else's bmb... so things may go differently than on your normal stomping grounds. Just clarifying and giving you a heads up. If you took my comment as anything else, that's totally on you.
    I am not offended, nor do I try to play the victim.  I'm not quite sure where you got that impression but I am perfectly capable of giving my opinion and understanding that I stand alone.  I've made that clear several times in other posts.  

My tone is blunt and I can understand how that can come across as being rude in text.  Yes, there have been times where I've been sarcastic but I make the call if it's warranted.  

Like I said, people can block me if they feel it's necessary.  It's all good on my end. 
  • Options
    @MyCousinVinny nothing warrants comments about anyone's families, social circles and what have you. You have no tact, you are rude, and it's 95% unnecessary, especially coming from someone who "knows so much about etiquette". I've experienced your nastiness first hand, and I've seen you in action on the baby shower board. On this board, people aren't going to allow you to talk to them in any which way. This isn't the baby shower board. Fair warning, from D15 to you. Enjoy.
    To be fair, your post above is rude in itself, as you're making judgments about my character.  You don't know me, all you've chosen to focus on is my stance on etiquette.  Have you read any of my posts supporting mothers struggling with breastfeeding, offering ideas on easy meals, opinions on names?  There was one post in particular where a poster was struggling with feeling sexy while pregnant and I offered plenty of support.

You see, support doesn't come in just Yes or No answers or by agreeing with OP.  Sometimes, a person needs a different perspective to see that maybe what they are currently involved in isn't the best idea.  Or that they run the risk of offending people they care about.  And yes, I do think the social circle excuse is not a legitimate reason because you can't possibly know that every single person in attendance is accepting of the idea.  

Again, feel free to block me if you have such issues with me.  
  • Options
    Here is a site that has a lot of ideas for this: https://babydiapercakechatter.com/wp/halloween-party-ideas/

I think the decorating pumpkins as sleeping babies with pacifiers is cute.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @redfallon you are right. Always the voice of reason.

Pumpkin decorating is cute, the game where men change the baby in like 60 secs is fun. Wrap the mummy as someone suggested. Idk how you feel about that weird game about guess the baby food in the diaper thing. Baby bingo, the candy bar game, the game where people have to aim the balloon full of water between their knees into a bucket, Idk what it's called but it's hilarious to watch. Guess mommy's belly size.
  • Options
    I hate the melted candy bar in the diaper game!

What is this one with the water balloons? I haven't seen that before.

Jamie

• Options
    @redfallon that's the game I won! Lol
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Here's some decoration ideas; https://www.babble.com/pregnancy/everything-you-need-for-a-halloween-inspired-baby-shower/
    ETA this is a cool idea for a punch bowl
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@redfallon that's the game I won! Lol

But how does it work? I looked for videos but nothing was like that.

Jamie

• Options
    Omg I love that pumpkin punch bowl idea!
    @redfallon which one? The chocolate in the diaper? That's the game I won. There were 5 brand new diapers I must add lol you get like the small Halloween size candies of chocolate and melt it then put it in the diaper. You want it to still have texture though, not to touch it but to see too.
    No idea about the water balloons, that's new to me as well
  • Options
    The water balloon one is what I'm wondering about.

Jamie

• Options
    "Don't break the water!" Lol I think that's what it's called. You fill up water balloons and hold them between your legs as you run to the end. Whoever drops it on the way is out lol
  • Options
    Raffles are for charity fundraisers.
  • Options
    I saw a game with beer bottles as baby bottles or something and it was a chugging contest. I'd personally use juice or something, but that is because I'm not into beer and I personally don't think beer is appropriate at baby events. But everyone is different.
  • Options
    Um, ok? :-/

Jamie

• Options
    redfallon said:
    Um, ok? :-/
    @redfallon, lol you already know what that comment was....lol 
  • Options
    I was wondering what the point of that comment was.

Jamie

• Options
    redfallon said:
    Lol it starts with a T and rhymes with Rolling
  • Options

redfallon said:

Lol it starts with a T and rhymes with Rolling

Aha!

Jamie

• Options
    I read it as "Riffles are for charity fundraisers." and I was thinking "Uhhh. What kind of charity events do you go to?"

Hahaha.
  • Options
    So the moral of the story is, unless you totes agree with whatever is in line with the OP, you're trolling. Oooohhhhkay.

But really who cares about morals or etiquette or anything else, let's just get all diapers and free stuff because we're preggers and people should totally give it to us!! Right?
  • Options
    @beccabeeee Everyone knows what a troll is, and if they don't they can look up the definition of an "internet troll". No need to waste your time and energy even responding to it. It's just bait and it didn't even really make sense, as the original comment said user made was just rude and not helpful. We know it was meant to be offensive and stir the pot. But I <3 your style and no-nonsense come back lol.  I suggest we listen to @redfallon's earlier advice, but just apply it anytime someone comes to our BMB and tries to start drama, IGNORE them because...ya know: 
  • Options

This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s unwelcoming tone. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"