August 2015 Moms

People keep asking for "Belly Pics"... NO!

I keep wondering if I'm alone in this, but I haven't been one to take belly pics every month/week and post them to FB or other social media. However, I've been getting so many texts and FB messages from people I don't see on a daily basis (out of town friends/relatives) asking for belly pics. I literally just got a text from a college friend that said "How big are you??? Have any belly pics?" 

I don't know why but this frustrates me to no end!! IF I WANTED YOU TO SEE MY BELLY I WOULD BE POSTING PICS like a lot of other pregnant ladies do! There is nothing wrong with that, however, it's not my thing, which is why you haven't seen any! (I do post on the HDBD thread here on TB, but prefer the anonymity of it, if that makes any sense?) I know I'm probably overreacting and being too sensitive, but I'm easily 35-40 lbs up from my normal weight and not feeling very great about my looks right now. Can anyone blame a 9 month pregnant woman for not wanting to share? I know pregnancy is a beautiful thing, but I don't feel very beautiful right now, and it seems that nobody really gets that.

Sorry for the rant. Hope the rest of you moms-to-be are keeping cool and hanging in there! 

Re: People keep asking for "Belly Pics"... NO!

• I didn't even know it was a thing to put belly pictures specifically on social media! 

I haven't had any texts out of the blue like that, but personally I'd respond, "I don't have any belly pics, but do you? Send them my way!"
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm not one to share belly pics either. It just seems weird to me. My mother in law has been asking for one for like 3 weeks, and I've yet to send one to her even.
  • Loading the player...
  • I totally get not wanting to post belly pics to social media, not really my thing either. Not because I don't feel good about my body (I love my bump!) but I just don't post a lot of pictures of myself anyway. I've made a point to take some though because I know I'll want them later.
  • I can see why you'd be annoyed, and you have every right to your privacy! And it's pretty weird, if not rude, to ask someone for a pic. But I love stalking pregnant ladies who I know in person but rarely see, so I get the curiosity! It is so cool to see how someone you know carries another human being!
  • I've never had anyone ask that... creepy to say the least.
  • I only do it when i'm feeling especially prego cute, which isn't often, but i think a simple "no i dont' have any belly pics, wierdo" response would suffice! :)
  • I haven't had many people ask for them. I also hate to post them on social media. I don't want that attention. What seriously bugs the hell out of me is that my mom keeps asking for them, or when we video chat, she always wants me to "show her the belly." I get that she feels like she's missing out because we live across the country, but it drives me nuts.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my gosh, thank you all for your responses! I'm glad to know that I'm not just being overly sensitive here.

I didn't even know it was a thing to put belly pictures specifically on social media! 

I haven't had any texts out of the blue like that, but personally I'd respond, "I don't have any belly pics, but do you? Send them my way!"

^^^^^ This!! I've wanted to respond like that so many times, but don't want to be labeled "the crazy/bitchy pregnant girl". 
  • This is so crazy! I read this post this morning and no one has asked me for belly pics and then literally ten min ago a friend just asked me for one! What??!! I'm like uhhhhh I don't have any recent ones which is a lie I take one once a week for my belly book but not for sharing. I wouldn't send a naked pic out why would I send one out of me looking like a beached whale or beach ball with limbs???
  • My mom asks me every few weeks, and I don't mind because I live in Texas and she's in California. But I ask her to not post them on social media. I haven't been the type to take pics of myself every week/month whatever. I did two photo shoots during pregnancy (gender reveal and maternity) so I feel that is sufficient enough. I love my DD and everything, but pregnancy is not a good look for me. It's your belly, do whatever you please with it, people will get over it.
  • yes, I get a lot of this because so many of our friends and family live a distance away.  I have posted a few vacation pic where my bump was showing but not any pics just of my bump.  Because overall  I think its kind of weird.  But on the flip side, I do like seeing pregnant photos of friends so maybe I am a hypocrite??
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh my god @breezymeema7 thank you!!! Saved to my camera roll and will be using that as my response from now on!!
  • I didn't take any belly pics through my pregnancy and got grief for it from friends and family. I don't get it. Its not like I'm hiding my belly, so you can still see it in photos. Sorry if that's not enough for you. I even had a couple of people say I would regret not doing it. Ummm... I don't believe I will.