June 2015 Moms
Options

Fit Mama Check-in week of 8/17

How are you doing mamas? Did you meet last week's goals?

1. Workouts you are doing
2. Did you accomplish last week's goals? Other accomplishments or challenges?
3. Goals for this week?
4. GTKY: favorite healthy breakfast item (s)

Re: Fit Mama Check-in week of 8/17

• Options
    1. Yoga
    2. I worked out 7 days last week so I met my workout goal; however I did not meet my water goal. I found it challenging to keep up with water when I was home by myself with LO, but now that I am back to work I am hoping to keep up with water since I have to pump...
    3. Workout 6/7 days; drink 60 oz or more of water each day
    4. Smoothie- almond milk, spinach, dozen berries, 1/4 banana, whey protein powder
  • Options
    Hi all my first time checking in with you guys in this thread....I am usually a lurker but will like to participate for moral support ☺

1. High Intensity Interval Training (30 minutes) + strength training
    2. Yes lost 2 pounds!!!yay!!!!
    3. Trying to limit my snacking to 2x a day and less carbs more veggies...praying that this week weigh in I lose more pounds
    4. 2 slices of whole wheat toast, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 boiled egg with tea

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Esampson1983 your water intake is great..much better than mine I think I will add that to my goals this week...
  • Options
    8 weeks PP

1. Pilates mat 2x/week, kettlebells 2x/week, yoga 1x/week, elliptical 6x/week. All of this is in the house so as long as LO cooperates it should be doable.

2. Skipped one workout last week due to weekend visitors (yoga) but did all of the others. Challenges are LOs recent nap aversion and DHs work schedule, since I need him to watch LO for some of this to get done. Also my abs are still super weak, boo. 3lbs to go for pre-pregnancy weight!

3. See above, also eat lots of fruit/veggies and drink lots of water.

4. Flax plus oatmeal made with light vanilla almond milk since I'm on dairy restriction due to breastfeeding. With a glass of either OJ or chocolate almond milk depending on my mood.
  • Options
    1. 8 weeks PP
    2. I am running and doing the elliptical. 
    3 I did not meet last weeks goal of working out only TWO TIMES..I only did it once. This week my goal is 3 times, and to do it in the morning because I start back to work a week from tomorrow so that will be the only time I have besides right after work before I pick up LO at the daycare. I will try that routine next week when he actually goes to daycare. 
    3. This weeks goal is to eat healthier (starting atkins this week) and to work out three times on the elliptical or running. I also need to incorporate ab exercises as the midwife said I still have a finger width of separation between my ab muscles. 
    4. Since I am starting atkins, my fave healthy breakfast will be eggs in many a way!
  • Options

How are you doing mamas? Did you meet last week's goals?

1. Workouts you are doing
    2. Did you accomplish last week's goals? Other accomplishments or challenges?
    3. Goals for this week?
    4. GTKY: favorite healthy breakfast item (s)

I finally started working out! Wooo!

1. I change it up. I follow a schedule. So far the best ones have been legs a few days ago and chest yesterday. So sore! I've been walking almost 3 miles every morning and then whatever cardio I do at the gym that day.
    2. My goals were to start working out, so yes
    3. Find ways to eat healthy and still get the calories I need to keep break feeding
    4. Eggs and spinach. Yum!!

What are you all eating?
  • Options
    Nkiruluv2Nkiruluv2 member
    edited August 2015

What are you all eating?

For the past 2 weeks I have been making green smoothies to replace at least one meal. I then will have a chicken salad or sautéed veggies with a lean protein. I also have been snacking on triscuits(love them!), and fruits through out the day.....looking for more healthy ideas
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member
    edited August 2015
    1. Yoga and a postnatal ab video workout. I'm also starting a pilates mat class tomorrow. So excited about that!
    2. I'm not sure I made a goal last week but my goal this week is to workout daily. Even if it's just 10 minutes. I would also like to walk/jog one day.
    3.see above.
    4. Oatmeal with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a tablespoon of almond butter melted in. Yum!!!

ETA: I did go to a baby & mommy yoga class today and Colin loved it! And seeing as you use your baby as a weight, and my son is around 16 lbs, it was a great workout!
  • Options
    1. Walking, biking, running, yoga
    2. Ha ha, no. Not even close. Sleep deprivation and a colicky baby are my biggest challenges.
    3. Same goal as last week -rrun 2x, bike 2x, walk or yoga every day.
    4. Breakfast tacos: 2 corn tortillas, 2 eggs scrambled with mixed pepper stir fry mix, top with salsa and 1/2 avocado. So good after a run.
  • Options
    Nkiruluv2 said:

Esampson1983 your water intake is great..much better than mine I think I will add that to my goals this week...

Thanks! Some days it is better than others

• Options
    Not meeting goals/going 6 days a week as planned... So going to try to pump it up...Cycle class 2 days a week, cardio/weights 2 days, and my other kickboxing gym 2 days a week
  • Options
    Everyone is doing great!!! Keep it up!

I have been a little discouraged. After a pretty good diet (clean eating all week, two cheat meals a weekend), my weight and size hasn't budged in 5 weeks. 5 weeks!!!! I have been working out almost every day- long brisk walks, Piyo, elliptical. I just can't get my weight to move.

I go back to work next week. The positive is I get to buy a lot of new clothes. The negative is that I had to buy a lot of new clothes.

1. Walking, elliptical, Piyo
    2. Challenges: making time, staying motivated and overcoming my stagnate weight
    3. Goals: working out or moving everyday, eating clean
    4. Eggs and shredded brussel sprouts
  • Options
    I'm already off to a better start! I walked 2 miles this morning while the ILs watched LO and then biked for 30 min and did yoga while LO napped. Hopefully she sleeps good tonight so I can keep this up!
  • Options
    I'm down 5lbs! Woo! <:-P

The bad news is that I didn't have a good workout tonight and came home and definitely cheated a bit. Tomorrow I will try again. I'm thinking an extra mile on the elliptical to make up for my little sweet treat!
  • Options
    Only Monday and I already skipped a workout because LO was having a "refusal to nap or even just chill in the swing" day. My 30 minute pilates routine had to be broken into 3 sessions to get it done, and the elliptical did not happen. But dessert also did not happen because of the 2 5 hour bedtime sleep fight and decision to let her sleep on top of me rather than risk a transfer so maybe it evens out?

Better luck tomorrow I suppose.