Health & Exercise

Pre-pregnancy Yoga

I'm getting ready to start TTC in a few months and am starting to do yoga st home. I've been focusing on my core, but are there other areas of my body that I could benefit from strengthening to have a healthier and hopefully easier future pregnancy?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Pre-pregnancy Yoga

• I'd invest in a prenatal yoga video or, better yet, see if you can rent one from the library!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I wouldn't focus on core too much, anything that focuses finding stability and inviting energy in, the best thing is to find a local class. For fertility restorative yoga and deep relaxation is the most powerful..
  • Loading the player...
  • Even if you're new to the discipline, yoga can be perfectly safe for conceiving. The secret is to begin slowly and avoid entering too many stances. Instead, pay attention to your breathing. Without proper alignment, going too deep into a pose puts you in danger of injury.
  • I feel very good after yoga, I recommend it to everyone, especially if you have a sedentary job
  • jareddyjareddy member
    edited February 25

First off, consider working on your pelvic floor muscles. These muscles play a crucial role in supporting your reproductive organs and can help prevent issues like urinary incontinence during pregnancy and childbirth. Yoga poses like bridge pose, cat-cow pose, and pelvic tilts can help strengthen these muscles.

Additionally, don't forget about your back and hips. Pregnancy can put a lot of strain on these areas, so strengthening them now can help prevent pain and discomfort later on. Poses like warrior II, triangle pose, and pigeon pose can help improve flexibility and strength in your back and hips.

Finally, don't underestimate the importance of overall flexibility and mobility. Pregnancy can cause your body to undergo some major changes, so keeping your muscles loose and flexible can help you adapt more easily. Incorporating a variety of yoga poses that target different muscle groups can help improve your overall flexibility and mobility. And if you ever need any additional support or resources, don't hesitate to check out options like Canadian pharmacy for supplements and other health-related needs!

• edited February 27
    That's wonderful that you're preparing for TTC with yoga! Besides your core, focusing on strengthening your back, hips, and pelvic floor can be beneficial for a healthier pregnancy. Additionally, working on flexibility, balance, and overall muscle tone can help support your body during pregnancy and labor.Also before of after yoga ucan try to drink giner cinnamon tea for relaxing your muscles more ( read about benefits of that golder drink here https://betterme.world/articles/ginger-cinnamon-tea-benefits-side-effects/ ). Keep up the great work!