March 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Clothes

Just curious, what sizes are your little ones in? My baby girl turned 5 months on the 10th, and is blowing out of 12 month clothes. I'm breaking out the 18 month stuff.
What sizes are yours in? Have you noticed brands that run bigger/smaller?

Re: Baby Clothes

• Options
    My LO is ready to go into 9 months any day now and will be five months on the 23rd. She's not tall, so some things look ridiculous on her if I go up to the larger size (like pants). She quickly grows out of sleepers, and tends to do best in Carters (their clothes seem to fit her perfectly); but I don't really like the Carters that uses ranges as sizes (like I prefer 6 months to 3-6). Koala Baby is absurdly small on her. And I've found Gerber sizes their clothes a little smaller, too, although they label their 6 month 3-6, so it might make sense that they are trying to run smaller. Circo seems to have short, wide onesies that also don't seem to last on her. Maybe she has a long body and short legs? Dresses are the best thing ever because I don't worry about length.
  • Options
    My son is 5.5 months and is still in 3 month clothing! He is a peanut! He can get away with a 3-6 month onesie, but any pants and shorts fall straight down due to his tiny waist. It is so frustrating because I have a whole bunch of 6 month summer clothing that will never be worn!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is fixing to be out of all 0-3 since she is so long. She's in some 3-6 and some 6 month. She's always been very long so she goes through onesies and pants very fast
  • Options
    I'm now in SA and have been in the UK. My daughter will be 5 months on the 20th, and some places she's still just about 3-6 (Carters that my MIL brings back from the States) but mostly 6-9/6-12.
  • Options
    My LO is in 6 months but sine are starting to get tight around him

BFP 7/4/2014 EDD 3/9/2015
  • Options
    I have found that Carters and Koala Baby run small, but Circo runs big/wide. I have the most turnover with his pajamas since the feet are defined in those. My boy has large feet even though he's average length, so we keep going through pjs! He moved up to 6 month size at 4 months, but now at 5 were already skipping to 9 months. It is frightening how much money gets wasted on clothes. They're so irresistible and new parents are easy targets!!!
  • Options
    I love Carter's. They seem to fit my baby the best. Shes 4months 2 weeks and is still in 3 month clothes. Shes my littlest one out of thw bunch at this age. My other 3 was in sizes 12 months at the ages of 5 months. I just bought her a little outfit over the weekend of 3-6 months and the shorts are so big on her. So i just usually buy the mix and match outfits at the stores. I also like how the babys r' us clothes fit her. They have the 3 month 6 month outfits instead of the 3-6, 6-9.
  • Options
    Have you tried onsie extenders? They look best when covered by pants but they are helpful especially for cloth diapers.
  • Options
    AGM0616 said:

I wish they'd make clothing adjustable, like they do with cloth diapers with snaps. There's not much difference between newborn and 3 month, 6 and 9... It would be so much nicer to have the clothing last longer!

Just a lurker here, but I just found out while shopping at H&M yesterday for my dd that some of their pants have extending buttons with elastic at the waist to adjust as your lo grows. It was my first time shopping there for her and I'm definitely going back soon. Dd's tall for her age but on the skinny side.
    Me 26 DH 31. Off oral contraception since 1/2012. Actively TTC # 1 since 4/2012. CD3 bloodwork, hsg normal 6/2013. SA performed 7/2013 - low count, low motility. First RE appointment 9/4/2013. Were told SA not good enough for IUI. Repeat SA and additional bloodwork ordered. RE suggests DH see a urologist. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e32d9/thumb.png
  • Options
    @Clobert I had not heard of the onesie extenders but I'll need to check them out! Using cloth diapers (we just started) has especially made me need to size up early.
  • Options
    Thanks for your input ladies! Baby clothes are costing a small fortune!
  • Options
    I love gap, old navy and Rosie pope. They all are super stretchy, so while I've found they typically run tts you can start early and stretch them out longer - because they're so stretchy. Gap can be pricey - but I'll pay a few dollars more for something soft and stretchy. Plus their sale selection is great and they always have 30% off online. I feel like the stretch and soft cotton - it's more comfortable for him. Rosie pope via their site is expensive but at buy buy baby it's $25 for a 5 pack of the cutest patterns. And it's often on zulily and on sale at Macy's. Safe to size up and you'll get a lot of wear. I have a lot of carters thanks to my love of target. But I find they don't have as much stretch to get over that big baby noggin. Or down for the big messes.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! I'll take all of your advice! My little one was pretty small when she was born (6lbs 10oz) but her dad and I are both six feet and she is definitely on the big side now and still growing. Thank you again :)