High-Risk Pregnancy

Ditched the stitch

Had cerclage removed today at 37w1d. My cervix was 7mm, 60% effaced and 1cm dilated just before 20w. Never in a million years did I think we'd see 37w pregnant. Removal hurt, MFM said it was because he had to cut both top and bottom side of suture. Dilated to 2cm right away and have been having contractions much of the afternoon, although not noticably timetable. Growth scan estimates baby to be 8lb 5oz. Now we wait-hope not too long.
TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome

Re: Ditched the stitch

• Congrats for making it this far and good luck!!!!

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Wow this is awesome!! I hope I can make it to 37w like you:) I'm 20 weeks with a cerclage and my cervix is 17mm and started to funneled last week:( the baby is sitting on my cerclage! I feel a lot of pressure. I hope it's normal....

I wish you a nice delivery and a healthy baby:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Awww!! Good luck and congrats hope everything works out for the best. And what a juicy baby you have.
  • Congrats ! I only have 4 weeks left until I ditch the stitch!
  • Awesome!!! Congrats! My cervix is also 7mm now, so I've been scared so this makes me feel good.. Currently almost 19 weeks. Can't wait to get to where you are!!
    @MilaRoseLeblanc I feel pressure a lot too, it's normal but I usually lay down and prop my hips/legs up for awhile.. I'm usually always laying down anyway, but just going to the bathroom makes the pressure start sometimes. Hang in there, these stitches are really strong!
  • @allisongraw thanks for the tip:) I have been in bed since my last doctor appointment August 4th and I don't feel the pressure anymore:) I can wait for my next doctor appointment August 18th!! I think the progesterone really help too:)

My biggest scared was the pressure because last time I felt that I broke my water but at that time I didn't have a cerclage in place.
  • Same with me last time.. pressure all day but I didn't know what it meant then my water broke so it's scary as hell. Today I'm at 19 weeks which is when I lost the baby last time, so just getting to 20 will feel good!