January 2016 Moms

Pregnancy Brain just reared its ugly head

If you are going to cook something on the stove, it helps (A LOT) to turn the correct burner on. Then, once the correct burner is on, don't grab the handle of the pot that was hanging over the incorrect burner. It will burn you. -_- Sometimes, the brain just needs to work properly or bad things happen. Ouch.
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy Brain just reared its ugly head

• Ouch! Hope you weren't burned too badly
  • Loading the player...
  • Ouch! The other day I put the milk away in the cupboard with the cups instead of back in the fridge. My husband found it an hour later :-<
  • Oh dear, that sounds painful!  I highly recommend 2nd Skin gel burn patches.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 

• Answering the phone at work and shouting 'next please' to the customer, and really loudly as well. Everyone in the queue in the shop just looked at me as if I was mad, luckily the customer on the other end of the phone thought it was funny! Happy days hey xxxxxxx
  • I sat down on the toliet and immediately forgot what I was doing. It took me longer than I'd like to admit, before I realized I needed to pee..
  • I scheduled our week long vacation during the week my sister is due with her baby in September. Had to call and cancel it and start all over on the vacation search for October. Felt so stupid! I can't believe I could forget something so important.. Even for a few minutes.
  • I go into work at 0400. So by, let's say, 10am I'm delusional. Today I brought a little bag of cheez it's (sp?) and had probably 3 bites. Got up and went downstairs real quick came back and couldn't find my chips. So of course I started blaming people who play pranks. Walk over to the garbage...there was the bag. I threw them away! For what reason I have no idea. Sad face.
  • Ouch!!! I told my husband to put the pot of water on the boiling thing, meaning the stove.
  • I got burned too! After I cooked, I took the pan to the sink and placed the bottom of the pan on my left hand in attempt to start doing the dishes. I completely forgot that I literally just took it off the stove. It hurt so much
  • Ouch! No injury for me yet, but yesterday I threw the keys in the trash instead of the junk mail, and tried to put the tool bag in the fridge. Embarrassingly it was the fact it wouldn't fit that stopped me, not that it shouldn't go there. 
  • I've gotten into the habit of making coffee, pouring it into a travel mug, and then promptly forgetting it on the counter while I walk to my car wracking my brain trying to remember what I forgot. 
  • You ladies are making me feel so much better about all my dumb pg-brain moments. I'm so glad this thread was started! I let my poor dog out to do his business and forgot about him until DH came home from work. :(( Luckily it was only about an hour, and the weather is beautiful right now- he was just out investigating the far reaches of the yard perfectly happy- but I still felt SO badly about it. Plus, that meant our other dog didn't get out to go potty until a few hours after he's used to going out!
  • I've done so many silly things so far, asking stupid questions etc etc. The struggle is real!
  • I keep waking up tired and disoriented and can't remember the name we decided on for baby! Then I give myself the worst guilt trip about being the mom that honestly forgot her own child's name!
  • These r all fabulous!! I've done nothing of note get but I'm sure the crazies r coming...
  • I was a really sweet wife this morning and made DH a cup of coffee, only I forgot to put a cup on the Kuerig and made a huge mess.
  • These are great and I seriously needed the giggle. My hand is fine, I'm just pregnant. :D

• I put washed plates in the fridge and bread in the cupboard... felt weird and shocked afterwards haha
  • I forget everything. I mean everything. And before I prided myself on being on time and remembering everything. Appointments, tasks at work. Now its all down the drain. I have the constant "was I supposed to do something" feeling.
  • This thread makes me feel so much better about being a space case lately. I can't seem to remember why I walked into a certain room or why I'm staring at an open fridge. A couple weeks ago, I was desperately trying to find the new bag of chicken nuggets my 7 year old DD wanted, only for my boyfriend to find them 3 days later in the crisper!
  • Y'all. I was getting ready for work and thought I was taking my probiotic. Wrong bottle. I took a sleeping pill. I'm a nanny for four under six, the youngest being 7 weeks. I'm in trouble
  • I mostly just don't know words anymore. It's pretty ridiculous. I also can't remember many examples but I know earlier today instead of oven I said the "hot machine".
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • I hear you on the words escaping. I called the light switch the "flippy thingy". My SIL looked at me like I was nuts and bust out laughing. She's never going to let me forget that one.

• I left my car running and the door open while I shopped for an hour at whole foods. So bad.
  • Lol the flippy thing is what I would likely call it too. I can't even get remote or clicker out half the time and just gesture what I am trying to say
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • I can't words right now. I'm always mid-sentence trying to remember my point...

Otherwise, I unfortunately do these random spacey things mentioned before pregnancy too so I'm afraid I won't be able to tell when preggo brain really sets in
  • I almost daily put my shirts on backwards... Luckily me or my SO notice before I leave the house most of the time. Tank tops are worse... Occasionally they'll be backwards and inside out.
  • Last night i put dry spaghetti noondle Xin the freezer while putting away groceries. .
  • All of these sound like me.... I can't do anything right. I told my wife I couldn't wait for us to get married today..... I just laughed uncontrollably out of nowhere we are already married. I also left ramen on the stove burning and then proceeded to burn the hell out of my wrist :(.... I forget all the words and look like an idiot...
  • Last pregnancy was my best one. DH texted that he was getting a haircut after work. I desperately needed a haircut but hadn't had time so I thought, "ooh! I should ask him to take my hair in while he's going!" Then I realized that would never work...but only because of the logistics of trying to plan meeting to give him my hair during rush hour traffic.

My little sister's friend's husband had to come home from work when she called crying because she had put her tight boots on the wrong feet and couldn't walk in them or get them off. When they felt funny going on she thought her feet had swelled a little and forced them.