August 2015 Moms

Induction wait-list?????

Can someone tell me exactly what this means? My original induction was to take place this past Tuesday but was cancelled due to "scheduling issues" at L&D! I'm told that I am #1 on the wait list and that I need to call tomorrow before I come in. Sorry if it sounds self explanatory but aside from being pissed, I am confused. Anyone have experience with this BS? I guess the "wait" list part is confusing to me.

Re: Induction wait-list?????

• Yep, had/am having the same experience. Was originally scheduled for midnight this past Thursday. Kept getting pushed back for 2 to 3 hours at a time before my midwife finally just rescheduled me for this Monday at 4 AM. She told me that because of how late I'll be I should take priority over everyone else. How about the fact that it's scheduled? It's absolutely a frustrating situation.wishing you better luck than me :)
  • It usually means there aren't any rooms available (women going into spontaneous labor/emergencies, ect.) This is actually pretty common.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally sucks! I had mine scheduled for 3 weeks, if anyone gets bumped it shouldn't be me!!!!!! At least you know Monday is your day. I'm hoping and praying I get good news tomorrow! Good luck to you!
  • Thank you CalforniaDream87!
  • It usually means there aren't any rooms available (women going into spontaneous labor/emergencies, ect.) This is actually pretty common.

This. It was the same with my c-section. Anything that's scheduled will get pushed back if there's too many people coming in who are already in active labor. Those people can't be pushed back. Inductions/c sections can.
  • Unfortunately its a hospital and emergencies happen. They only have a limited number of beds. I know it's frustrating.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • From what I've heard, regardless of how long you've been waiting on a list, if an emergency comes in and they run out of beds, you will get bumped UNLESS you're at high risk.  
  • Ugh this is what scares me I'm 41+3 and my doctor isn't even discussing possible induction until Tuesdays appointment. If this baby doesn't come on her own I'll be pregnant forever it seems like.
  • This happened to my friend recently. The hospital just said they were really busy and she wasn't priority, they got her in as soon as they could.
  • Nonmedically necessary inductions get bumped. If you and baby are healthy try and be patient, it means someone is sicker than you or is in labor. It's not personal of it was you in those situations you would be greatful they could bump someone else
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mrieemriee member
    edited August 2015
    My doctors told me they only do 3 inductions a day period.
  • tlpyotttlpyott member
    edited August 2015
    i was told they wanted to deliver my son BY his due date (next monday) because of my GD and then they scheduled my induction for two days AFTER his due date. bah! hoping for spontaneous labor, just started losing my MP...