March 2016 Moms

Mommy brain moments!

Has anyone had "mommy" brain or "baby" brain moments? Thought it would be cute to start one with all the embarrassing stuff we seem to do wrong lol.

This morning I was in the shower and washed my hair, conditioned my hair, then got soap for my body. Problem...about 2 minutes into washing I realized I had put my body wash INTO MY HAIR!!! Duh- mommy brain!

Anyone else?
February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Mommy brain moments!

• I was at a party and was helping set up, I opened up a container on Jalepeno Cheese, took the cover off, opened the can, poured it out, and then asked the host if they had plastic wrap to put on it, and she was like or you could use the cover.  I was in shock it was sitting right next to me on the counter and had taken it off less than a minute ago.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Loading the player...
  • I was driving to a meeting at work but drove to the park with a playground instead. Opps. I also leave stuff out and my dog gets it, most recently was a stick of butter, yuck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Last weekend I was going over to our rent house. There is a gate that you have to get out to open. I pulled up to the gate and opened the door to get out without putting my car in park. My car obviously rolled into the gate and it left black marks on the bumper of my white tahoe. Luckily I got them off with a mr clean magic eraser before my husband saw. I was likely SERIOUSLY? WTH? Blaming it on pregnancy brain!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • When filling out paperwork at the hospital for this pregnancy, they asked me a series of seemingly easy questions. But mommy brain kicked in and I couldn't remember the date of my LMP or the birth weights of either of my 2 kids. Good thing DH was sitting next to me correcting as I go. I felt like such a dunce. 
  • Today I took ds swimming and left the sunroof open. Of course while we were inside there was a torrential downpour and now my whole car is soaked.
  • I have tried to put tortilla chips, as well as animal crackers, in the refrigerator.
  • I have one that happened the day before I found out I was pregnant- at my job interview of all places! The lady was firing questions about tracking attendance for school and I was answering her and telling her how we do things at my other job. The she asked " how is your attendance?" So I went into detail how we monitor class attendance. She had to stop me and say, "NO- how's YOUR attendance?" Duh. I'm very punctual and I'd rather take an hour off work than a whole day for appointments and such.

I still got the job and I started this week :).

• I totally forgot my bank password and had to call into get it reset.  They made me stay on the phone with them so I picked a password that would work.  I could not for the life of me pick a password.  She probably thought I was an idiot.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• When filling out paperwork at the hospital for this pregnancy, they asked me a series of seemingly easy questions. But mommy brain kicked in and I couldn't remember the date of my LMP or the birth weights of either of my 2 kids. Good thing DH was sitting next to me correcting as I go. I felt like such a dunce. 

I did this in a terrible way at our first appointment. They had these forms that asked all sorts of "do you feel depressed/suicidal?" questions, a section about alcoholism/drug addiction and then a whole section about partner /spousal abuse. One question was something like "has your partner abused/hurt you in the past year?" and I teased him about hogging the bed or something AND ACTUALLY MARKED YES! Thankfully I caught it and scribbled it out but the nurse seemed a bit frigid with him after taking the forms. :(
  • I was driving to a meeting at work but drove to the park with a playground instead. Opps. I also leave stuff out and my dog gets it, most recently was a stick of butter, yuck.

I leave stuff out of the fridge all the time. My DH goes around the house behind me putting stuff back where it's supposed to be.
  • Lol, I just asked my husband if he could recall any specific incidents of baby brain, and he said I was one walking baby brain. In the first trimester of my first pregnancy, I was giving phone interviews for my doctoral paper. At one point, even though questions were written out in front of me, I felt my brain go completely blank, and I couldn't form thoughts or words. It was such a weird sensation! I was recording the interviews for my research purposes, and listening back, I had about a 1-minute pause of me going, "uhhhhhh...sorry, give me a minute...uhhhhh..." At least that particular interview was with a former teacher of mine, and he was very understanding when I told him I was pregnant!
  • I was watering plants in our greenhouse and... didn't shut the hose off when I was done. I have no recollection of walking away with the hose on, I still have no clue what the hell I was (or wasn't) thinking.

End result: the water was on for two days. TWO DAYS. We have a drain and a well so no reeeeeal harm done but man did I feel like a moron. 
  • This morning driving to work I totally drove to another city where DH works and have no idea why. 20 minutes out of my way!!
    HarLynn's mama
  • This morning I found the Nutella in the fridge.
  • Last week I offered to applicants second interviews and told them I'd send them the script for the role play (I run an in-home parenting program where role plays are a central teaching tool).  Instead of sending them the script, I sent them the second round interview questions.  I didn't realize what I had done until the first lady arrived and thanked me for sending her the questions because they were so "heavy".  Oops.
    Live life to the fullest and love like you've never been hurt or heartbroken. image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I couldn't tell the doctors office my social because I couldn't remember it to save my life. Then I filled out a voter petition with my address from when I was a kid rather than my current. And of course, the dreaded word finding issues. If I can give a word at all, it's typically the wrong one. My husband is a patient man (not).
  • I have Swiss cheese brain to begin with. With a decade of my life lost to the ether some days I mess up more than others. Like I often forget to shave like one leg or arm pit.

Now that is happening several times a day. I've gotten out of the shower with shampoo not even attempted rinsed out of my hair. I can never remember if I have taken my prenatals or my other medication (and I have a system where I move the bottles but now I can't remember if the positions have changed at all).

I've thought I put the laundry on but walked away with the washer door open and it only half full. Didn't even wonder why I couldn't hear it going.
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • I went to my office and upon reaching at my seat I realized that I have forgotten my laptop at home :) my office is 50 minutes drive away from my home
  • Took an order out at work today stood in the dining room scanning and had to go back and read ticket because I didn't know who it was for
  • I just was reducing a pot of chicken stock... and it wasn't until the upstairs was filled with smoke and set the alarms off I realised it was charcoal.... now its freezing with all the windows open, candles burning to get rid of the smell and its 9:40 and I want to go to bed :(

FYI this is not the first time that I have done this
  • Going to make a delivery for a farmer to the crop duster, a place I go at least twice a week, and completely forget how to get there. I had to pull over at a gas station and look up the directions on my phone.
  • I mixed up "too" and "to" at work today, and made a number of other embarrassing typos
  • I've just noticed that I'm almost always at a loss for words. Nothing much worse than that yet, but boyfriend can't wait for me to do something completely spacey!!! Lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Lol i love reading these! Just sayin' lol

• I got to the office only to remember that I forgot my laptop (in a bright neon lime green sleeve) on top of the passenger seat where my purse and my phone were. I did not forget my purse or my phone. I've also completely forgotten my laptop at home only to realize once I got to my desk. And the laptop was in the same green sleeve sitting next to the door as I leave. 
    imageimage