TTC after 35

Advice needed

C#4/CD4 After 3 cycles of Femora/trigger, RE swiched me to injectables. CD2, office forgot to call in my meds to pharmacy so luckily I was given (2)75ml viles of Brovera at my CD3 lab/US appointment. I was assured that my meds had been called in and would arrive fed ex for today CD4. MAJOR misscommunication between RE and Pharmacy, I was actually supposed to be on GonalF, and RE was not clear on dosage so my meds again were not sent out. Spent all day making calls trying to find a pharmacy who had enough GonalF for tonights injection, no luck. RE claims they had none in their stash. I am self pay and had to work hard to budget this months cycle in, so Im torn between proceeding with a missed dose and hope for the best at my lab/US appt Monday (pissibly wasting a whole cycle of injectablrs as well as $350 for mondays appointment or saving my meds that will be here tomorrow along with the approx $1000 for office visits/IUI for next month. Feeling torn, depressed, and dissapointed as est. date for IUI is my BD. I know its really my decision to make, just wondering what any of you who understand how frustrsting and emontionally draining this can get would do in my shoes. Thanks for listening. Good Luck and Pos vibes for all those trying this month.

Re: Advice needed

• It's probably a good idea to ask your RE-- what's the best choice now, and how has this mistake impacted your chances this round.  If you are firm but polite, you could ask if they could discount the services to make up for the potential waste of money that you're facing now, due to their error.  The less accusatory you are, the better your chances of getting some accommodation, financially.

Do you have the opportunity to switch REs?

Another thing to keep in mind-- the chances of getting pregnant at any one IUI are relatively low.  You could be on the best medical protocol for your body, and it still just doesn't happen this month, but the same protocol could work next time.  Are you doing femara plus injectibles for this round, or just injectibles?

My RE does seem to think that it's best to do just a *little* bit of injectibles with IUI, to minimize the risk of multiples.  So if you have some drugs but not as many as prescribed, you might still ovulate well.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• I agree with @KLake42, you should speak to your RE about this.  BUT, that being said, I do not think all is lost. You may need to just do extra days on the back end.  Was the sample med given to you Bravelle?  I've never heard of a Brovera, but Bravelle and Gonal-F are the same thing, so I'm surprised your RE's office didn't just give you more samples of Bravelle.  Are you doing 150IU of Gonal-F??  I honestly think you'll be fine with a missed day, but it's definitely something to ask your RE.

Good luck.  Keep us posted.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :)