Pregnant after IF

Support with FET

Hi all!
I am anxiously waiting for AF so we can start our FET. We did 1 fresh transfer and was unsuccessful so my DH and I are praying and have everything crossed to get that BFP for a healthy pregnancy and baby!!
I would really love to hear all your stories! Thanks to boards like this I find so much comfort and support with you all!

Re: Support with FET

• Hi,

I had success on my first FET cycle, I am currently 6w1d.  Our first fresh transfer was also a BFN and I was so discouraged I wanted to wait but my DH thought it would be best to jump straight into the next cycle and we had our first BFP after trying for 4 years. Good luck on your FET!
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I did 4 fresh transfers, one took but ended in a chemical. My first FET after worked. I'm due on the 27th. I completely believe that fets work better!! Good luck!
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• Loading the player...
  • hopes4babyhopes4baby member
    edited August 2015
    I did a FET transfer after 7 failed IUIs. They transferred 3 embryos and I am pregnant with twins

Edit: wait. I did not do frozen. It was fresh/thawed/ whatever the opposite is.lol
  • PrayingMom2BePrayingMom2Be member
    edited August 2015
    Thank u all so much for the words of encouragement!! I am in tears of joy right now!!!
    Prayers to all for a healthy and happy pregnancy!!!
  • We did 2 IVFs second was successful and recently transferred our solo frostie. Just found out our FET baby is a girl!! GL! I have read more successes from FETs recently!! There is a lot of logic and medical data to support them over fresh cycles. Hope you get your miracle soon!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • AF finally came today, so excited! I can start my Estrodial pills now and baseline ultrasound is scheduled for Sunday morning! Praying that this gives us our healthy miracle baby!!
  • Good luck!

I am almost 30 weeks pregnant from my first FET.  My first fresh cycle resulted in a loss and we only had one healthy embie left to transfer so I was not hopeful but this kid was meant to be! :)
  • @Pookster1020 I am overjoyed for you and your story, thanks for sharing! I also have one embie to transfer and can't help but feel a lil hopeless but it seems that a lot of ppl are luckier the second time around with a FET! I am already trying to have a plan C but DH is confident that this is the "golden egg" and that we'll cross that bridge when and if we get there!
    Prayers to you for a continued healthy and happy pregnancy!
  • I transferred two in my fresh cycle and neither took and then my FET both took but I lost one by 5weeks. I'm now 19w with a little boy!!

My clinic had better successes with FET! They said that the body was pumped full of less so was a nicer environment and that was helpful for a lot of women.

It's worth asking your clinic the success rate with both. But I was actually more excited of the FET because our clinic was so much more optimistic with it.

• Transferred two during my fresh, and miscarried/CP. transferred two (ccs tested) during FET, now 10 weeks with twins. The FET was well worth it; my doctor feels like my body wasn't ready to accept embryos after the stim meds during the fresh cycle. :) good luck!!!

June 19, 2010 - Miracle Baby Girl

Round 2
    Since March 2013
    BFP April 2013 - Missed M/C July 2013 @ 12w6d
    BFP December 2013 - CP @ 4w3d
    Eight medicated cycles, three IUIs: FAIL
    IVF #1 Antagonist - January 2015: CP/FAIL

IVF #2 April 2015: Microdose lupron Flare
    ICSI, CCS Freeze all
    6 blasts biopsied/5 normal

FET #1 June 25, 2015 6AA and 5AA blast transfer
    BFP 3dp5dt!
    Beta 8dp5dt 195.2, 10dp5dt 474.8, 12dp5dt 977, 22dp5dt 25,580
    <3 Twins! Our boy and girl coming end of February!  <3

• Good luck!
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 18 weeks preganant from my second FET. My first one was 3 years ago and it failed. Then I had a natural surprise pregnancy right after that failed transfer for which I have my son. This baby was from that IVF cycle 3 years ago! I knew when I saw the photo of the embryo on the screen that it was going to work. I don't know why, but it looked ready and so much better than the embryo they put in the first time. Good luck!

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• MiromiMMiromiM member
    edited August 2015
    I did an FET. I finished my IVF cycle in November but I had mild OHSS so the doctor had me wait to transfer until January (so no fresh cycle for me). Doing an FET cycle is so much easier than IVF on so many different levels. Less medication, less swelling and bloating, less doctors appointments.

My FET happened on Jan 9th and we got our BFP ten days later! Only about six more weeks to go before I can hold my baby in my arms.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers