January 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone been to Key West?!

I am going to Key West soon for my sister's bachelorette getaway, and while the group has some sober activities planned, I have a feeling that my evenings will be me hanging out in the condo lol. Has anyone ever been? What do you recommend that is pregnancy friendly?

Re: Anyone been to Key West?!

• Options
    I just got home after being in the keys for 3 weeks. Sorry to say it, but key west is a party island and just not the same when you're preggo. With that being said, enjoy the beach (smathers), pool, and food.

Most go food places: garbos (do not skip this one of all of them that I list), blue heaven for breakfast, santiagos, better than sex (amazing dessert), and if you can get up to cudjoe key go to the square grouper. There are a lot of other good places but these are always my favs.

Go to Mallory square at sunset, it's gorgeous and you have to see the cat man (weird but so entertaining).

Have fun!!!
  • Options
    I was there the week before I found out I was pregnant! In fact I bought a test while I was down there, but it was still too early for a positive. Still, with my suspicions I was taking it easy on myself. We hit up the tourist attractions, and there's a gorgeous beach on the south side. If you go a few islands to the north there are world-famous snorkeling locations, and of course fishing in that area is a huge activity.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to Key West for my bachelorette party a couple years ago. One of my friends was about 15 weeks pregnant while we were there and I felt so bad for her. She tried to keep everyone in line, particularly me, because we were out of control. It is a party town, for sure. We had an anatomically correct blowup doll named Tasty Tyrone with us. He got us lots of attention.... Oh the memories... Anyways, one place I'd definitely check out is Dante's, which is a big pool/bar/restaurant. It'd be a great place for the daytime because it is SO HOT down here and you'll need to cool off. I would not recommend walking around in the daytime too much at all. Mallory Square at sunset is lots of fun, too.
  • Options
    I just got married in key west this jan, and I don't drink at all and had plenty of fun. Yes, duval street has bars and if you are looking to drink you can find it. But there's also lots if shops, restaurants, art galleries, etc. Mallory Square is great at sunset. The Hemingway House is there and very cool to see. Plus if you like nature Fort Zachary State Park is gorgeous. Plus the beach! There's also a beautiful garden near the Aids Memorial, and a pier to walk out on. I love it there!
  • Options
    Thanks! Yeah I am a little worried about the bar town thing because I obviously am not drinking and I don't want to be sober and annoyed with everyone and I don't want to have to walk home alone early in a strange place. I've also been super self conscious about how I look so I don't think I will be hitting up the beach or pool. Guess I'll just have to enjoy all the food and shops :-)