May 2015 Moms
Options

Teething

eleasegalaeleasegala member
edited August 2015 in May 2015 Moms
My Lo turned three months on August 5th. She has always sucked on her hands and fingers, but the last couple of days she gnaws on her hands and is fussy. Could she be teething already? And if so what can I do for her since she's so young.

Re: Teething

• Options
    Cold washcloth to chew on, refrigerated (not frozen) teething rings. Massage her gums with your finger. Baby Orajel says 4 months & to consult a pediatrician if earlier. My DD had a tooth break through at 14 weeks & she got a lot of comfort from the Orajel. I only used it once, max twice, a day (not the 6 times allowed per the container). I used Baby Tylenol once on the very first day the tooth broke through because she had a mild fever.
  • Options

Cold washcloth to chew on, refrigerated (not frozen) teething rings. Massage her gums with your finger. Baby Orajel says 4 months & to consult a pediatrician if earlier. My DD had a tooth break through at 14 weeks & she got a lot of comfort from the Orajel. I only used it once, max twice, a day (not the 6 times allowed per the container). I used Baby Tylenol once on the very first day the tooth broke through because she had a mild fever.

Wow, a tooth already!? How did our babes get so big so fast...

Just out of curiosity, is it in the front or back?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is teething too! I dont see a Tooth but he's fussy, putting everything in his mouth and biting.. I did a cold wash cloth he likes it a lot.
  • Options
    There are a lot of great remedies out there for teething besides Tylenol. Mine started too. It feels so early for it
  • Options
    @danibonello - I know! She is barely 10 lbs and has a tooth! Crazy! It is in the middle on the bottom.
  • Options
    @katyeblue - the Baby Tylenol was for the fever, not just the teething. I don't recommend either for general fussiness related to teething.
  • Options
    My baby is teething as well. Unusually fussy, drooling a lot, and chewing on hands like crazy. She's been at it for about a week and now she woke up congested yesterday morning. She has phlegm in her throat or something :( it's so sad! I can tell she doesn't feel well.
  • Options
    This might be a silly question but how can you tell? My little one is ten weeks and for a week or so now how been chewing on her hands, if I put my finger in she chomps down hard! I can't tell if guns are swollen? She can't hold on to anything yet to keep a tether in her mouth, is there a pacifier teether? First time clueless mom here.
  • Options
    ditzy007 said:

This might be a silly question but how can you tell? My little one is ten weeks and for a week or so now how been chewing on her hands, if I put my finger in she chomps down hard! I can't tell if guns are swollen? She can't hold on to anything yet to keep a tether in her mouth, is there a pacifier teether? First time clueless mom here.

My guy is chomping on everything he can stick in his mouth, fussy, drooling and green poop.. They do have a pacifier one but I think it says up to 3 months I would double check.
  • Options
    DS is teething. The same symptoms as everyone else. He's putting everything in his mouth and is being fussy. Sometimes he will be fine and then start to cry for no reason, like someone has pinched him. It's so sad.
  • Options
    After reading these posts I'm definitely convinced DS is teething. He has been drooling like crazy, constantly has his hands in his mouth and has been super cranky the past few days. I thought the crankiness was due to the 3 month growth spurt but teething is making more sense now.
  • Options
    To be the contrarian - While the symptoms that everyone are describing may mean that your baby is teething, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are.  I remember telling my pediatrician at my older son's 4 month appointment that I thought he was teething, and she said, "All parents of a 4 month old think their baby is teething."  She said that this is just the age where they figure out how to put their hands (or whatever) in their mouths, and sometimes they bite too hard so they start crying.  And the more stuff that goes in their mouth, the more drool they have.

My son didn't end up getting his first tooth until 9 months, so he definitely wasn't teething at 4!