September 2015 Moms

Twin Mum's - natural birth or cesarean?

edited August 2015 in September 2015 Moms
33 weeks pregnant with twin girls and I have the choice of elective cesarean or a natural birth. My girls are both head down. I'm so mixed and unsure. At first I was all for a cesarean and now I'm leaning towards natural. I just want to hear your experiences and what you found better or felt was best. I want the safest for all three of us and I think your opinions will help :) any recommendations / advise will be welcomed. Thanks!!

Re: Twin Mum's - natural birth or cesarean?

• My sister had her twins naturally. They were 6lbs 9oz and 6lbs 10oz. She had a very healthy pregnancy and there was no need for a c-section.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Personally I would go for natural if both babies were head down. I am expecting twins now so cannot weigh in on the birth experience, but it seems like your recovery would be easier if you could have a vaginal birth. Obviously if one or both flip the situation would be different but at this moment I would lean toward vaginal delivery.

Also, I know my hospital mandates that all twin deliveries occur in the OR so even if they begin vaginally, there is the ability to quickly change to a C-section if needed. So maybe that is reassurance for you, knowing that your doctors can react to any change in your situation quickly.

Good luck! Also, feel free to check out our weekly twin check in on Thursdays!

Missed M/C natural cycle 10/2013

DX PCOS 3/2014

2 cycles Clomid 50 mg + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Clomid 50 mg + TI - no response stair-stepped to Clomid 75 mg + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Clomid 50 mg + Ovidrel + IUI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Folistim + Ovidrel + IUI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim  - no response, repeated Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI = success! 12/2014

Beta 1 - 15 dpiui, 324, Beta 2 - 17 dpiui 750. Twins!!

My Blog: pcosandpizza.blogspot.com

• Loading the player...
  • A girl from my last BMB had a successful vaginal birth. I can't remember if she had a epi either way you can totally do it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Natural birth is going to require less recovery time for you and with your hands full with two, just something to keep in mind. One of my aunts delivered her twins, one in caul and she was up and about the next day.
  • I had a natural birth with my twins, but I was required to have an epidural and deliver in an OR just in case.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My mother had twins naturally without a drop of pain medication. You can do it if you set your heart to! She even delivered my sister breech after my brother was head down and had no complications since she was on the tinier side