January 2016 Moms
Options

Ex SO Blocked Me?!?!

QueenCarlissaQueenCarlissa member
edited August 2015 in January 2016 Moms
Okay mamas so I have a few questions yall can drop some advice if you'd like as well.

So I left my SO the day before yesterday for just being plain immature but he wants to say he's a man and he does grown man stuff which he doesn't. -_- so I call get no answer then I text and that is when I realize he has me blocked. But he's a man right what if something happens and I'm in the hospital God forbid. I just feel it's very childish and uncalled for.

This was kind of more of a vent. But I'm thinking of just saying forget it he's not involved in anything that I'll do or be involved in the labor and birth probably won't even sign the birth certificate seeing as to he won't even know I'm having the baby because he wants to be childish. What do you mamas think how would you handle the situation?

Re: Ex SO Blocked Me?!?!

• Options
    If he's going to act like that then let him. He's obviously not worth it. Think of your child first. If the father wants nothing to do with the kid then that's his choice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you left him, don't expect to text him and get a response too. Guys' egos are way to huge for that. Stick to your plan.

It was about a dr appointment Thursday he usually attends but I guess not anymore. So I'm done with it I don't beg anyone for anything and I won't ask for you to be in your child's life that should be a given. His loss not mine.
  • Options
    Just curious: how can you tell if someone has blocked you? I thought it was impossible to tell. 
  • Options
    Sully314 said:

Just curious: how can you tell if someone has blocked you? I thought it was impossible to tell. 

Nope it's iPhone to iPhone you'll know if your messages never say delivered and you get sent to voicemail without rings. I've done it with others iPhones to see but if they call you back it could be a slight chance their phone was dead but in this case I think not.
  • Options
    Honestly you just split two days ago. I say give him time to adjust before you outright write him off.

Maybe it's just me, but I can understand needing space RIGHT after a relationship ends. He may bounce back, but needs more than 2 days.
    Married the love of my life: 11/12/2009
    1st BFP ever : 11/19/2014
    1/9/2015 our miracle baby was welcomed in heaven.
    BFP #2 : 4/21/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    laxdixdar said:

Honestly you just split two days ago. I say give him time to adjust before you outright write him off.

Maybe it's just me, but I can understand needing space RIGHT after a relationship ends. He may bounce back, but needs more than 2 days.

I'm not trying to get back with him or spark a convo it's about a doctors appointment. If it wasn't so close I wouldn't try to contact him at all.
  • Options
    You might want to look up how to tell if someone blocked you because from what I've read, it's really hard to tell for sure. If it's an iOS 8 the text will still say that your message was sent but he will never receive it. 

I'm only saying this to maybe make you feel better if there's a possibility he didn't block you. 

He might be hurt and needing space but I'd hope he wouldn't block you. That would be immature. 
  • Options
    Sully314 said:

You might want to look up how to tell if someone blocked you because from what I've read, it's really hard to tell for sure. If it's an iOS 8 the text will still say that your message was sent but he will never receive it. 

I'm only saying this to maybe make you feel better if there's a possibility he didn't block you. 

He might be hurt and needing space but I'd hope he wouldn't block you. That would be immature. 
    True but I'm sure it's just me. He gets others calls and texts.
  • Options
    If he's refusing to communicate with you then he's refusing to communicate about the baby. It's no longer your job to keep him informed. Take care of you and surround yourself with people who will support you and if he wants to know about the baby he can reach out.
  • Options
    Leah6120 said:

If he's refusing to communicate with you then he's refusing to communicate about the baby. It's no longer your job to keep him informed. Take care of you and surround yourself with people who will support you and if he wants to know about the baby he can reach out.

I agree with this, and I also agree with @willashbaby. Before the year is up you need to get a lawyer and get your ducks in a row for child support. Do not wait until the baby is here to see if he will help out or not. Your child deserves the financial support of both parents. Line up the child support and move on.
  • Options
    Thank you mamas :x
  • Options
    I don't know what country or state you live in.....I hear what everybody is saying about lawyers & child support but you aren't married so paternity of the child is not established. You probably won't be able to move forward with child support until the baby is born and paternity is established either by DNA or getting him to sign a document/affidavit acknowledging he's the father. But right now if he's that immature & causes you that much stress it may be best to just wait for things to stabilize so the situation doesn't become more volatile. At this point focus on your health/peace of mind, having a healthy pregnancy & keep ALL your receipts so that you can be reimbursed later.

https://justsouknow.info/2013/09/08/a-mothers-right-to-support-during-pregnancy/