TTC after 35
Options

Trying to get myself out of this slump (child mentioned)

So, I took a little time away from the board last week because I've just been feeling so down.  I'm trying to get into a more optimistic place especially since I will be ovulating sometime soonish (just started OPKs today).  Last week was just a horrible week and I think the clomid made me hormonally crazy.  Everything felt so out of control, and then DH's bday was last week and it was miserable.  He was moody, and I took it personally and we ended up arguing most of the weekend.  Oh, and the cherry on top was that I had a yeast infection.  Awesome. 

I'm feeling better today (emotionally and yeast-wise), and DH and I are in a better place, but I can't help feeling so not hopeful.  It feels so hard.  I'm so tired of thinking about/analyzing/monitoring my girl parts and deciding what else I should try, and I'm so so so tired of waiting (to O, to see if I'm pregnant, for AF to come once I know I'm not).  I feel like the tiniest thing is going to make me cry.  I'm so grateful to have DD but I feel so sad to think that I might not be able to hold a sweet tiny baby who belongs to ME again.  I want to be pregnant again, I want DD to have a sibling, and I want to have those tender moments with a new baby again. I don't know if that sounds selfish (it feels greedy when I have a beautiful daughter). I apologize if it does- I know I'm wallowing.  

The good news is that I have acupuncture tonight (with a new person to get started again), and I know that will make me feel more balanced all around.   I need to feel hopeful again.  I'm just not sure how to get there.

Thanks for letting me send this out into the void.  

Re: Trying to get myself out of this slump (child mentioned)

• Options
    I think we're all allowed to wallow a bit from time to time. I'm new here and don't really know anyone yet - just know that you're not alone, and hopefully you can find some comfort in the community here. Sending friendly hugs your way.
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• Options
    @Tomerine i just wanted to say I'm sorry and tell you I understand completely. I think almost, if not all, of us have been there. It may not be great advice but what's helped me has been the maya abdominal massage (not sure why but since having it done my outlook has changed) and just focusing on myself and getting healthy. The days you're struggling try and remember how truly strong you are and this too shall pass. Sending hugs your way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel defeated often. It's a tough process and all the over-thinking and over-analyzing can be so incredibly exhausting. I have no real advice as I don't know how to deal with the whole TTC process myself but hopefully acupuncture tonight helps. Treat yourself to something nice too :-)

P.S. I have acupuncture tonight as well!
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    @Tomerine xoxox...you have every right to feel this way, and it sounds like you had a lot of factors affecting your mood last week. Here's to a wonderful acupuncture treatment!

I understand feeling guilty about being a mother and wanting more children, I also understand the desire to add to your family and every family has a right to that desire.
    Thinking of you and hoping that this next week is more hopeful and positive for you.
    Here's to waiting to ovulate! I'm right there with you.
    Although I have no experience with clomid, isn't it responsible for messing with your mood?
    Hang in there!!!! >:D<
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I understand and relate 100%. I struggle with feeling guilty, but the desire--the need--to have a sibling for my LO is real. And every time I see a new baby or a pregnant belly, all I can think is "when is it my turn." The waiting is hard. Hang in there!
  • Options
    My mood changes from one day to the next.  I've noticed that if I'm stressed or tired or bothered by something else, TTC depression always wants to join in.  And if everything else is going smoothly, I get all zen about TTC.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    @jlo1019 - I just wanted to say thank you for those words, even though they weren't directed at me.  They brought a tear to my eye and helped me tonight...
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    ^^^^agreed.
  • Options
    Thank you for voicing exactly how I've been feeling lately.  I feel so blessed and fortunate to have my DD.  I feel like the last 2 years of her 3 year old life, I have been distracted by TTC thoughts and I feel that it's taking away from her.  I don't want to give up, but I don't want to regret missing out on her moments.  I feel so selfish sometimes thinking, 'why isn't she enough?'.  I know that there are days that I give all of me to her, but there are others that I am angry at my stress of TTC and she has to feel that. 
    It can be very frustrating and sad.  It isn't fair.  Sometimes, it's important for us to step outside of ourselves and look in. 
    I hope acupuncture is helping you.  I did it prior to conceiving my daughter and would really like to try it again. 
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Options
    @jlo1019 and @happyktmom thank you for your responses, too.  It's so helpful just to hear that others feel this way.

@happyktmom I did acupuncture before my daughter and through my pregnancy and that's a large part of the reason I'm going again- because a part of my brain is trying to recreate all of the things I was doing then, in hopes that it will help me again now.  But it does so much more for me than just that.  It helps me feel more even-keeled.  I'm still struggling a bit, but knowing that I get to go back in 2 weeks (she's out of town next week) is helping.  I hope you can go back to it, too!  I understand the pain of realizing that your child is picking up on your stress.  I think it happens to all parents, though, and my sister reminds me that it's part of life and so it's ok and good for kids to see their parents handling stress and different emotions.  But the guilt... it's just everywhere sometimes.
  • Options
    @Tomerine My ND has been talking to me about trying acupuncture. I might give that a try next cycle. Is there a certain time in the cycle where I should do it, or is any time good?
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• Options
    @kaydeeaye I've gone to acupuncture for years (started for jaw pain) but I know all acupuncturists are different, so this is based on my experience. My understanding is that acupuncture is cumulative, so you go consistently for whatever time your practitioner and you think is helpful. My new person said a typical treatment is 6 sessions. I'm going to be going every week, but with my original acupuncturist, I went once a month once he knew me better. I happened to see him the day before I ovulated when I got pregnant with my daughter, but I don't think that's a requirement ;) Once I knew I was pregnant, he started a treatment that helps the baby connect to your immune system, and supposedly eases labor in the long run. So I was a long-term patient and I find it helps my anxiety too. I highly recommend it.

PM me if you want to know more about my experience. Good luck!