Trouble TTC

New to the board! (loss mentioned)

OsteoblasticOsteoblastic member
edited August 2015 in Trouble TTC
Hello!

My husband and I have been TTC since Oct 2013. In July 2014, after having only 3 periods since I went off Nuvaring, I went to an infertility NP. She said it looks like I have PCOS, but all my labs and ultrasound was normal. She had me take Metformin anyway, and I got a BFP on Sept 14. I stopped the Metformin because I didn't feel comfortable taking it while pregnant. Our first checkup did not look good, and on Oct 14 they told me I was miscarrying (HCG was off, no heartbeat and embryo too small, and the sac had perforations). After waiting for it to pass, I ended the pregnancy with medication on Nov 1. That... was awful (and next time I'd ask for another ultrasound and wait longer). I'm still working on it in therapy, too.

Since then, my cycles have been all over. 38 days all the way up to 72 days. I went to a naturopathic doctor in June, and she has me on a diet and exercise plan and high Vit D (20,000 IU. I had still been way low even after 10,000). My fasting insulin recently came back as 8.5, when it was 5 last year (I am also 10lb heavier now). Ive been temping on and off, but never see a pattern.

I'm hopefully trying to make my cycles normalize without metformin... Since June I've lost 5lb and 1 inch on my hips and waist- which is huge, because ive Never lost weight when I've tried in the past. Started at 190, 5'6", my goal is 170-5. This last 3 weeks I had an almost normal cycle, with pos opks and a definite temp shift before I got my period Sunday. Can't wait to see if my next cye will be more normal too. Gives me motivation to exercise :)

I'm just seeking support and to hear others' stories, since I don't know anyone in my boat and I feel kind of hopeless sometimes. Thanks for having me in the community!
Me(28) and Husband(39): 10/5/2013, TTC since 10/2013
Metformin 7/2014, BFP 8/14/2014, MC 11/1/2014
Dx: PCOS, cycles 38-72. As of 6/2015 trying to lose weight and fix cycles with diet and exercise!!

Re: New to the board! (loss mentioned)

• Hi @osteoblastic,

I'm also a new poster to the board - I've posted more in depth introductions a few posts down but we have slightly similar stories. We've been ttc since sept 2014. I also have irregular cycles (28-42) and have had two miscarriages back to back.

It is great to hear you are having good responses to your new routines - fingers crossed your next cycle gives you a great looking pattern!

If you don't mind me asking - is there a story behind your user name? My degrees are in the science field and your name is bringing back memories of classes I took in graduate school!
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Thanks for the welcome! I'm hoping the routine works too, because calorie counting, tracking exercise and 8 pills a day is a lot on top of the BBTs and OPKs! But I know it will be worth it :)

I went into the mental health field but long had an affinity for physiology. Had thought about forensic pathology at some point, or possibly medical. My favorite unit was bones, because they seem so stable and boring but they are constantly changing and remarkably complex. What better than the builder cells! That and I wanted a name that wouldn't lead to me easily if googled :p (its also my personal email and other usernames).
    Me(28) and Husband(39): 10/5/2013, TTC since 10/2013
    Metformin 7/2014, BFP 8/14/2014, MC 11/1/2014
    Dx: PCOS, cycles 38-72. As of 6/2015 trying to lose weight and fix cycles with diet and exercise!!