Breastfeeding
Options

When will leaking stop?!

I'm 13 weeks PP and DS is nursing like a champ. I can always feel my letdown when it happens and whichever boob he's not nursing on still leaks like crazy. Will this last forever or will it eventually stop? I am so ready to be done with nursing pads!

Re: When will leaking stop?!

• Options
    Some people never leak, and some always leak. Personally, I had the opposite boob leaking during letdown issue with my oldest till she weaned at a little over 18 months...
  • Options
    @Lalala2326 what did you do about it while feeding in public? I have the same problem.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had to use nursing pads till we weaned. I got to the point that I could get by with just one (after random leaking in between nursing finally subsided), so I would just switch the one nursing pad back and forth depending on which side I was nursing on so that there wasn't a loose breast pad that I had to hang onto while nursing. I did have one wonderful embarrassing moment on an airplane once when I somehow managed to drop my breastpad on some random guy's foot that had the misfortune of sitting next to me :) I'm pretty sure he noticed, but he didn't say anything, and I sure wasn't about to...
  • Options
    Whichever breast is leaking I just put some pressure on it with the palm of my hand and it stops