August 2015 Moms
Options

Twins -38 weeks - Doc has no plan to induce me !

anyone else in this boat? Desperate to have these babies!!

Re: Twins -38 weeks - Doc has no plan to induce me !

• Options
    Just congrats on going this far with twins, that's amazing!  Keep up the great work!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Almost there mama!
  • Options
    Wow!! Awesome for you to have made it this far!!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options
    Omg! You poor poor thing! I just had my twins on the 3rd at 35 weeks 6 days. I can't imagine what you are feeling. My OB scheduled me for my induction at 38 weeks 2 days. Did you ask about an induction date? My OB said she always takes twins at 38 weeks and they should be out by 39 at the latest. Good for you keeping those babies in! I really wanted to make it to at least 37 weeks, but we ended up with only 5 hours of NICU time. And my boys are doing super well! Good luck to you! I hope labor starts asap!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I can only imagine the discomfort you are in at this point. Soon enough they will be in your arms and out of your belly...thank goodness, right!
  • Options
    I'm sure your discomfort is major... But how great for your babies to have stayed in this long. Great job. Hang in there.
  • Options
    megvaddi said:

I'm sure your discomfort is major... But how great for your babies to have stayed in this long. Great job. Hang in there.

This =D>
  • Options
    Wow I can only imagine the discomfort with 2 at 38 weeks! Good job mama , hang in there- hope it happens soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I had mine at 35+6 but my OB was willing to let me go to 40 weeks with twins if their NSTs were good. I know a fair amount of OBs like to induce by 38 weeks but it isn't unheard of to let healthy twins go to term. Congratulations on making it so far. It really is amazing that you've been able to carry this far. I remember the 35 week discomfort so I'm not going to pretend to have experienced your level, but try to hang in there. You're so close! You've done amazing!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You Amaze me! I've got this one over here and I think I'm doing big stuff at 38 weeks. But u my friend are doing an amazing job! Be encouraged!
  • Options
    Oh dear! I really feel for you, nice job getting this far. The only thing I could say is eat small and walk a lot. That always helps me when I'm super uncomfortable.....
  • Options
    I cannot imagine how ready you must be! A friend of mine was just induced at 38 weeks with twins and she was miserable for so long. I hope you aren't too uncomfortable. A HUGE congrats for getting this far with twins! Great job mama, not too much longer. You can do it!
  • Options
    I was induced this past Saturday with my twins and while they're doing great and no NICU, they've still had a couple issues and of course are on the smaller side. I wish she would have let us go to 38 (my BP started acting up though). So hang in there!

Good luck! :)

• Options
    Also, I would bring it up. There's plenty of good info out there for twins to be born at 37-38 weeks. I don't see anything wrong with asking about it at this point, either.

• Options
    I totally sympathize. I just reached 36 weeks with my twins and they are happily still snuggled in while I am a waddling mess. I never imagined how swollen my legs could get. This is hard, but the finish line is in sight! Hang in there mama!
  • Options
    I'm sure you're so uncomfortable! I can't even imagine as I was crying a lot at the end of my pregnancy with my twins. I also like @emmacake08 had mine at 35 & 6. I would definitely talk to the doc about options. My doctor wouldn't let me go over 38 weeks When I was pregnant. Good luck mama. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Good luck to you I know how you feel although my doc wouldn't let me go over 38 weeks I was induced at 37 weeks and 6 days
  • Options
    Good luck and I am praying for you. I couldn't imagine the pressure and pain. Those babies are blessed to be still cooking!
  • Options
    Good luck mama! Put your feet up when you can - your almost there:)
  • Options
    Wow, I can't even imagine!! How amazing that your LO's are healthy and able to go this far. So close :)