Breastfeeding
Options

LO spitting up too much?

I'm having trouble figuring out if my LO is spitting up too much. I'm trying to figure out if I should call the doctor to ask about it, or if i'm just being a paranoid FTM. How do you know when he's spitting up too much? What's the difference between spitting up and an infant vomiting? 

I had heard that babies will stop eating when they are full but several times within the past week my LO has popped off my breast and immedialy spit up (I hadn't even had the chance to sit him up to burp him yet) it even came out his nose   Of course it startled him so he started to cry right after. 

Re: LO spitting up too much?

• Options
    My son is 8 weeks and in the past few weeks has been spitting up more, he is also eating more. Today he also spit up while he was still latched. I can hear him swallowing and taking air in too. Sometimes I think the burp gets caught under some milk and then anything above it comes up too. His diaper count is good so I know he is getting what he needs. Projectile vomiting frequently is something I would call my pediatrician about, it is very obvious when it happens! Good luck, I hope it helps!
  • Options
    My son would spit up so much. We were quite concerned at the beginning and brought him in to our pedi. The doctor was not concerned, because he wasn't upset about spitting up and was gaining weight just fine. I was still worried about it and put myself on a dairy free and brat diet. It seemed to help a bit, but looking back I'm guessing it was all normal; even though it was a lot.
    Hang in there, if you think y'all should go in to see the pedi go ahead. Sometimes it is nice to have some peace of mind. Good luck!