Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Peeing issue

Ima FTM my little girl 5 days old and she hasn't peed in 24 hours. I'm trying breastfeeding, it's a bit of a struggle but that's normal. I didn't know if not peeing as much is normal or I should be concerned

Re: Peeing issue

• That depends on whether she is drinking formula or breastmilk (fluids). Do you see any milk coming out of your breasts? If so, and you feel confident she is drinking fluids, then I would phone the pediatrician in the morning and just run it by them. I wouldn't worry yourself too much. She is probably fine and will urinate soon enough. It may even be possible that she peed and you didn't see or feel it in her diaper. Diapers are that good these days! Try not to worry until you have to. Babies are often unpredictable!
  • Could she be jaundiced? My LO did and they told me to really monitor her urine output.
  • Loading the player...
  • Her doctor told me to add supplement formula after each feeding and she has upped her peeing. So I must not be producing enough milk yet. :(
  • The same thing happened to me, the pediatrician told me to supplement with formula until my milk came in. Luckily i didnt have to supplement with formula for long. im sure by now you're milk supply has increased though :)