Eco-Friendly Family

In different places about eco friendly

hopes4babyhopes4baby member
edited June 2015 in Eco-Friendly Family
Hello,

I really want to be Eco friendly with our products and diapers. However, my spouse wants the ease of use of the commercial diapers and products. Any suggestions on a compromise or way to sell this? Any one else have a similar fight? Unfortunately, my spouse will be the main caretaker so gets a bigger vote in this than I do.

Re: In different places about eco friendly

• Maybe try to ease him into it. Show him that natural products can be just as easy to use. Cloth diapering can have a bit of a learning curve but there's no reason organic/more natural disposable should be more difficult to use.
  • My DH let me figure out baby stuff and just rolled with it. But I've been getting crunchier over the years so it wasn't a surprise for him.
    There's a couple different angles that work for SO that are reluctant. Cost savings (if youre pro cloth / homemade stuff) or environmental (wanting to avoid toxins, etc.)
    For my DH I wanted to do cloth, so I showed him options and he chose AIO's even though they were more expensive because he valued ease of use. We have others but I try to make sure he has what he likes when helps out.
    Honestly other than cloth diapers and wipes, I'm not sure why natural brands would be different than commercial stuff? And you could offer to wash the cloth if that's the issue.. and SO just puts them in the pail?
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello, I really want to be Eco friendly with our products and diapers. However, my spouse wants the ease of use of the commercial diapers and products. Any suggestions on a compromise or way to sell this? Any one else have a similar fight? Unfortunately, my spouse will be the main caretaker so gets a bigger vote in this than I do.
    Maybe show him some pocket diapers with velcro, they are the closest to disposables. Or if he is really persistant maybe try an eco-friendly sposie? 
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21