August 2015 Moms

You think pregnancy constipation is bad...

OMG the constipation after a c-section is horrible. :(
I haven't been able to go to the bathroom since Wednesday morning right before my c-section. I've added juice, fiber, and stool softeners and NOTHING! well I've passed gas but nothing else will come out.

But to top of that pain every time I try and push... it feels like I'm ripping in incision apart. But baby girl is totally worth this small inconvenience.

Re: You think pregnancy constipation is bad...

• Yes, I remember, that first one is scary.  I hope you get relief soon!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I had the exact same problem :-( milk of magnesia for two days finally got things moving!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup... I went 4 days without any kind of even a root and I was eating broccoli and other veggies at literally EVERY MEAL! The iron pills I wAs on for anemia didn't help, I'm sure. I finally took some laxative when I got home... Half the total amount I could take... Hours later, still nothing. Took the rest of it and within a half hour, my insides were hurting and cramping because the laxative was working... I felt like there was no winning.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Yes, terrible. Consider a suppository if cleared bu your doc.
  • WSatisfiedPWSatisfiedP member
    edited August 2015
    I did hot water with two lemons squeezed into it. Two teaspoons of black strap molasses. Prune juice (organic, no sugar). Stool softeners. Finally, after this "treatment" I was able to go (this is along with a diet of 25 grams/day or more of fiber). Miserable.
    Mom to one in heaven. Mom to one here on Earth.

BFP - 12/1
    First U/S - 12/11 Saw heartbeat
    Second U/S - 12/18 HR 120 BPM 
    Third U/S - 12/23/2014 HR 150 BPM

Due Date - 8/8/2015 
    Arrival Date - 8/3/2015 - Asher David 8 lbs 5 oz 21 1/2"

• I still have very vivid memories of my first pp poop after my c-section. I was an idiot and refused stool softeners as I didn't want to poop on the plane ride home. Needless to say, 6 days later I was seriously regretting my decision.
  • The worst! I take colace, Meta, kale smoothies...and nothing for like 4 days. The first BM was awfully painful. Thank God for my squatty potty!
  • Try warming up some apple juice or trying hot apple cider, that always works for me. Also if you're not opposed try a cup of coffee
  • After 5 days I took sennakot and went the next morning.
  • Fiber gummies really helped me during pregnancy.
  • The worst! I'm over 2 weeks out and though not constipated, I still get terrible cramps that signal I need to make some poop happen.
    If you are still on narcotic pain meds this makes constipation WAY worse. I switch to a Motrin/Tylenol rotation as soon as I can for this reason. I figured this out too late the first time!
  • Ugh. I haven't had to go since last Wednesday. ... while I was vaginal birthing, I was frightened to poop. I didn't. Now I kinda wish I did. C-section messed everything up. Including my bladder and bowels =(
    I feel your pain.
  • Lurker from S15 here. They wouldn't let me leave the hospital until I had a bowel movement after giving birth to my son. (Vaginally)
    Colace always does the trick for me though. I hope you get some relief soon!
  • Same here! They gave me suppository at the hospital yesterday and worked fast and I feel great after it! Try that!!
  • Constipation after having a Anal fissure removed is bad too. The ripping it does to it ugh!!!!! But I swear to you chocolate laxatives will give you the runs like nobodies business. That's what I did after my surgery and it worked so good. Just take more than one square of it.