February 2015 Moms
Options

Refusing to take a bottle- help!!

My breast fed 5 month old used to take a bottle of expressed milk like a champion. I didn't use the bottle for 3 weeks and now he refuses to take it- screams and thrashes around until we stop trying. Does anyone have any tips to help or suggestions that I can try??

Re: Refusing to take a bottle- help!!

• Options
    The same thing is happening to my 5 mth old baby no formula and no bottles of breastmilk either he keeps on refusing them help!
  • Options
    All I can say is keep trying. Even through the tears and struggle. Some milk will drop in and he'll realize it's actually his fav and only food. It happened to my LO as well but I never stopped trying. Even if it's 10-20ml each time then I top up with the boob. Don't put a lot in the bottle so it won't feel like he's wasting your 'hard earned' breastmilk.. Eventually he will learn how to be fed through the bottle again.. When he's back to it, try to make sure he feeds from the bottle at least once or twice a day so he doesn't forget anymore. LO is back to about 100mls. All the best!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try different types of bottles/nipple flows and make sure the milk is reallllly warm. My son did that too while I was nursing and I had to try about 7 different bottles. The Nuk worked best for us.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers