Pregnant after a Loss

Boy or girl? I'm waiting.

I don't know why I'm upset with people for being so excited to find out the gender. I was very excited with my daughter when I was a first timer. Loss changes so much. I had a 11wk loss earlier this year. I just want a living baby I could care less about what color baby blankets to buy. I guess I'm just jealous they can live in the moment and feel safe in imagining a very specific future. I'm waiting. Im waiting buying maternity clothes that I badly need because I'm blowing up. And waiting until the last minute to make my appointments. Is anyone else waiting?

Re: Boy or girl? I'm waiting.

• Totally hear ya! My friend is due a week before us and if I find a good deal on something, I think to myself, 'i wonder if she will have a boy or girl?'. Not wondering what we will have, I also just want a healthy baby. Maybe by the time we make it to the anatomy scan, we will be a little more excited. But, I told my doctor, until I am holding this baby in my arms, I will be stressing. I think it is understandable to feel this way, we have been robbed of the innocence of only healthy pregnancies and we don't know if it will be taken away again. Hoping you get your rainbow baby without complication!
  • Yea. We were always team green in the first place bc IF created those same types of "who cares about gender?" Feelings within me.

We also waited until 20 wks to tell family or my work with m rainbow pg.

This time around I showed super early but refused to get out maternity clothes or buy more (my prior ones were off season for this pg). Glad I followed my instinct bc it's not viable anyway.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you.
  • Yes!! In a way it's almost hurtful that that's people's biggest concern. Although for my first two healthy pregnancies it was the same way. Now just hoping to get pregnant and hoping we don't have gentic problems we had last time that caused us to lose baby boy at 19 weeks. I told my husband that I won't even ask to know the sex as long as we know it's healthy. I miss the days where that wasn't at the forefront of my mind. I fear it will take the excitement and joy out of my next pregnancy.