August 2015 Moms

Is there anything I can do? Update!!

neludeluneludelu member
edited August 2015 in August 2015 Moms
My due date was Monday. If it doesn't happen naturally they will induce me Sunday. I really don't want to be induced is there anything I can do now to start labor? Give me your tips!

Re: Is there anything I can do? Update!!

• Good luck hun. There are a few threads on ways to kick start labour. But none of the answers are sure fire things, mostly just old wives tales I'm afraid...
    I'm due this Monday and might end up in the same boat as you this time next week...
    t&p to you
  • Get to walking sweetie, oh and DHs favorite part- lots of sex!
  • Loading the player...
  • Try spending some time alone in mediation. Vision your body already in labour. Just like an animal of you are scared or stressed your body will hold off. Try to find peace with your body to let it happen. Also it maybe a long shot but can you put off the induction till later if baby isn't in any stress? This may help you calm down and go naturally.

I did this plus nipple stimulation last time and felt like it worked for me.
  • Actually there is some evidence that castor oil can work to start labor. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1063182 https://news.sciencemag.org/health/2012/05/just-spoonful-castor-oil However, may women report that this is an unpleasant experience because the side effects of castor oil include vomiting and diarrhea. Also, according to the study, which had a small sample size, it works only half of the time.
  • mrieemriee member
    edited August 2015
    I'm way too lazy to search through old posts more then a few pages so thanks for posting. I've heard that giving a BJ gets labor started much faster since the gut obsorbs the hormone much faster. And walking and trying to relax helps. How are they planning on inducing you? Its not ideal but you don't want the baby in there too long (10 days is meant to be the max). Remember if you really are not comfortable you can refuse and just have them monitor you and the baby. This may buy you some time, good luck.
  • edited August 2015

There is actually evidence that oral absorption of semen is as or more effective in softening the cervix. Just like its recommended to take EPO orally and vaginally. But who wants to give daily BJ's???? I sure as hell don't.

To each their own. According to my doctor, nothing is more effective then sex. The research I've done and seen states the same. Of course there are other ways to *get the semen in* I would stick with the more effective route. As long as the OP understands that even doing all of these things if baby isn't ready it's a no go.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @toccoaparker I can't tie my own shoe! Lol

Yea I'll stick with pineapple
  • I have to second not using castor oil.  My coworker tried to induce labor with her first using castor oil.  It left her in terrible pain, diarrhea, and vomiting all while 40 weeks pregnant.  Her son was fine, but she was dehydrated and ended up getting induced about a week later anyways.   

photo 547272ca-2f78-4a6c-88ce-0afe6fc98419_zps05f67081.jpg
    BFP#1 9/14/2013  ||  EDD 5/25/2014  ||  mmc discovered on 11/1/2013  ||  d&c on 11/6/2013
    BFP#2 12/8/2014  ||  EDD 8/19/2015 || please be our RAINBOW
    **All Welcome**

• How overdue are you OP?  They won't let me go over due because of my advance maternal age but for you healthy youngun's you should be normally allowed 2 weeks before induction.  I was 11 days overdue with my first and I walked like 5 miles every night and it was finally the night I had sex that jump started labor.   I am pretty sure that was just a coincidence though.   Good luck to you!
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited August 2015
    Have you considered a membrane sweep? I had it done this morning. I it was pretty uncomfortable for me but worth a try before induction. My midwife said its a 50/50 change labor will start within 24 hours.
  • I took black cohosh last time, and it started my contractions. I was 41 weeks and had an induction scheduled for two days later if she hadn't come!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I do both every night. Unforunately I have to force myself on my husband every night. He's been sick so I told him just to put his face in a pillow, I'm not letting that stop me! hahaha
  • Good luck!
  • I would try a membrane sweep if I was facing induction. Also lots of walking and sex...maybe at the same time ;)

I feel like that's the beginning of the story of how DH throws his back out!!!

• Good luck!!
  • Thoughts and prayers momma!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yay:) good luck!
  • Good luck!
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Good Luck. Hope everything comes out good (:
  • Good luck mama! :)
  • Good luck momma!
  • Wishing you good luck!
  • I'll say this.... With my first I gave her father a BJ and swallowed the semen around 9pm (don't ask me why I remember the times so vividly) at around 11 pm I started having contractions. I went into active labor! Now I was 40 weeks and already about 50% effaced and 2 cm dilated! I've always believed the swallowing is what did it but hey, who knows!!!
  • Good luck!
  • Good luck momma!!