Trying to Get Pregnant

Spotting after Positive OPK

I am new to this, so sorry if I am doing this wrong!

This is my 2nd cycle trying, and this was my first cycle using OPKs. I typically have a 24 day cycle and this month I got EWCM on CD8 but did not get a positive OPK until CD11. Well, on CD15 I had cramping and dark/pink/brown spotting that I am still somewhat getting and I am on CD18. Anyone know what it could be? I have never had spotting like this.

Re: Spotting after Positive OPK

• DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Thank you! :-) I actually read this before but I guess I was still confused because a positive OPK means you usually ovulate 12-36 days after so I was confused as to why I am spotting so many days after. We had stopped BDing 2 days after my OPK so I'm hoping I didn't miss something.
  • Loading the player...
  • 12-36 hours...whoops!
  • Nah, probably just a fluke or you ovulated at the latest possible time. I have some spotting sometimes as well. 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• lovrienhr said:
    Thank you! :-) I actually read this before but I guess I was still confused because a positive OPK means you usually ovulate 12-36 days after so I was confused as to why I am spotting so many days after. We had stopped BDing 2 days after my OPK so I'm hoping I didn't miss something.
    Nope.  OPK does not mean you ovulated.  The only way to be sure of ovulation is by temping.  Some ladies have multiple surges in one cycle and only O once. 
  • Oh wow, thank ladies! Hoping I didn't miss the egg but if I did, I'll temp next month :-)
  • Echoing PPs just to say that I hope this is your cycl, but if it isn't, definitely temp!
  • There are hundreds of reasons for spotting including low lying cervix, irritation, uti, infections, cysts, no reason at all,impending af, etc. Ovulation and implementation spotting are low probabilities.
  • Thank you so much!!!
  • You typically have a ### cycle until you don't. You should start temping as that is the best way to determine when you ovulate. Good luck!

**Triggers**

Me: 32  DH: 35  Married 10/4/14

TTC  #1 May 2015 BFP: July 21, 2015  Stillborn January 8, 2016

TTC #2 April 2016 BFP: June 17, 2016

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Girl Shih-Tzu and Baby Boy Boston are my furbabies

• kgbbsc7 said:

lovrienhr said:

Thank you! :-) I actually read this before but I guess I was still confused because a positive OPK means you usually ovulate 12-36 days after so I was confused as to why I am spotting so many days after. We had stopped BDing 2 days after my OPK so I'm hoping I didn't miss something.

Nope.  OPK does not mean you ovulated.  The only way to be sure of ovulation is by temping.  Some ladies have multiple surges in one cycle and only O once. 

^ this. OPKs are not very good indicators of anything except that you should BD in case ovulation occurs shortly thereafter but it might not