Babies on the Brain
Options

Hi I'm new here!

Hi everyone, newbie here, although I've been creeping on the boards and reading up on conversations. I am 27 and getting my Mirena removed TODAY in hopes of ttc within a year! This would be my first and I am beyond excited to start trying. I have been reading others' stories regarding getting pregnant after Mirena and am quite hopeful. I did not experience any bad side effects and really enjoyed not having my period for a year! Looking forward to getting to know some of you :)
Me: 27 
Love of my life: 41 
Step-mother to an amazing 13-year-old boy 
TTC starting August 2015 

Re: Hi I'm new here!

• Options
    Welcome! Are you going to be charting?
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thank you! I was actually planning on trying an ovulation prediction kit. I've been reading up on the better ones. Do most people recommend charting instead??
    TTC starting August 2015 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

lsalvag1  Sounds like we are in the same boat! I just got my Nexplanon implant removed Monday and I have not had a cycle for 2 years! I am really going to have to get used to be a normal woman again lol!

Good luck to you guys!

• Options
    Awesome! I've been on various forms of BC since I was 18 so it will be interesting to try and see what a normal cycle is like. Best of luck to you!!
    TTC starting August 2015 

• Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! I'm planning on getting my Mirena out in the next month or so, too. I had such a great experience with it, as well. 
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • Options
    Welcome!! Charting and using ovulation prediction kits work so well together. I'd recommend the free app Fertility Friend. All you need in addition to that is some opks (I bought a bunch of wondfos off Amazon) and a digital thermometer that reads to the hundredth of the degree (I got a Mabis). I'm still learning about charting but it's been so eye-opening and suprirsingly fun.

If you want to become even more of an expert, you should definitely read the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility." Such a great read and really informative.