August 2015 Moms

Fender Bender Scare

Driving home from work about an hour ago, I get into an accident. All because some guy doesn't know what "Left lane ends" means. He floors it trying to get in front of me on my left when everyone slams on their breaks and I smash into the car in front of me, everything in my car goes flying and my seatbelt digs into my lap. 

Holy shit. What the fuck just happened. My heart is still racing. All I can think of is my LO and how shaken up he must be in there. 

Luckily my car was still driveable and the airbag didn't go off, so I was able to go home (after I stopped shaking.. which took a while). Right now I'm sitting with my feet up drinking juice to monitor my little guys movement to make sure he's ok. He usually isn't very active this time of day, and he has kicked a few times on the drive home so that made me super happy to feel.  I know people get in fender benders all the time while pregnant, but I'm just terrified that I did something to hurt him..

Obviously if he stops moving or if I get crampy or start having contractions I'm going to call my dr.. but If he keeps moving and I don't have any pain or cramping, should I still call and let my dr know about the accident? Would you get yourself checked out if everything seemed ok? I'm sorry if this seems rambly, but I'm freaking out and I don't want anything to happen to my LO.

Re: Fender Bender Scare

• I'm so sorry that happened to u ;( getting into my accident is my worst fear! I hate driving bc my belly is only an inch from the steering wheel, if I move my seat back any further my feet don't reach the pedals :( anyways, I would call and let your doctor know of the accident regardless but that's just me.... I'm a paranoid mama lol
  • SashaDenn25SashaDenn25 member
    edited August 2015
    I think for my own peace of mind I would call dr. I feel like they more than likely would like you to go get monitored just to check, but you wont have to worry anymore once you go and everything checks out.

Edit: forgot to let you know thoughts and prayers in the meantime! Im sure everything is okay, but I know it would be very scary!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sorry to hear this, I hope you feel better!! Try to calm down and definitely call your doctor and let him know!!!Better be safe than sorry
  • Thanks @kelsiwoodell & @SashaDenn25 I have a call out to my dr office now, just to see what they want me to do. They're closed but I'm waiting for them to get back to me.. 
  • Keep us updated!!
  • sending good vibes!
  • @laylababe3 I'm so sorry this happened to you. T&P! I'm glad you called your dr.
  • Thinking of you! Any type of wreck would shake me up, but especially pregnant! Hoping you get to feeling better soon:)
  • astreetx3astreetx3 member
    edited August 2015
    So sorry to hear this,hoping you feel better soon!
  • Sorry to hear that happened, how scary! Hope all continues to be okay!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thinking of you! I am glad you called, better safe than sorry.
  • Glad you decided to call. Praying all is ok.
  • Many t&p's! I'm happy you called your doctor as I would have definitely done the same just to be safe.
  • Glad to hear you are ok!  How scary.  I remember my mom was in an accident when she was 8 months pregnant with my brother.  As soon as people on the scene saw her, they insisted she go to the hospital.  It was my one and only (luckily) ride in an ambulance (I was 4).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Glad you are okay. I was involved in a hit and run accident the day after my EDD with DS. I was hit by a drunk driver who fled. I didn't go to the dr either because LO was moving constantly and I didn't have any bleeding or contractions. Hope you aren't too sore tomorrow!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I would get even angrier than usual when people would drive like assholes around me, as if they knew I was pregnant. That must have been super scary. Really glad everyone is ok!
  • Aww I'm so sorry you had to go threw that my due date buddy! @laylababe3 but I'm so glad u and LO are good. Keep us updated! What a scary day for you!
  • Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! Glad eveything is okay for now
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Omg glad you you and baby are okay! That's so scary. What a freaking jerk... people drive like idiots anymore! I hope his insurance covers your damages!
  • Glad you and LO are okay! :)
  • Yay for positive update!! If youre sore tomorrow trying a warm bath.
  • How scary!! Glad you and baby are okay!
  • Glad to hear you and LO are ok, that must have been so scary! I hope your insurance covers your accident
  • How scary! Glad to hear you called your doctor and that everything seems to be okay. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
  • I keep poking him every 5 minutes if he's not moving.. just to make sure. lol. 
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to do this until he's born!
  • Glad to hear you and baby are fine!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • So glad to hear everything is okay! Take it easy momma!
  • i got in 2 accidents when i was pregnant with my first and my doctor insisted on seeing me both times. I'd call. I'm sure he's fine, but better safe than sorry.
  • Glad you're both okay! I fear this happening daily as I'm commuting to work in construction zones and people are driving like crazy a-holes! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker