March 2016 Moms

Due date changes

Who here has had their due date changed already? Had my first u/s and my LMP suggested 8 weeks 4 days. Baby measured 6 weeks 5 days with a strong heartbeat of 121. So now instead of the 12th I'm due the 25th. My DD 5 was due March 26th but was an April baby!

Re: Due date changes

• Going off my LMP I should be about 9 weeks, 8 days ago I went in for an ultrasound and measured 6w5d, today I went in for an ultrasound and still measured 6w5d so they are going off of that for my due date :| I was really irritated haha
  • If you weren't temping you can't know when you ovulated in your cycle. You could have ovulated later (sounds like the case) and therefore your LMP isn't an accurate date. It happens to a ton of women, myself included, and there have been a lot of posts on this topic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • If you weren't temping you can't know when you ovulated in your cycle. You could have ovulated later (sounds like the case) and therefore your LMP isn't an accurate date. It happens to a ton of women, myself included, and there have been a lot of posts on this topic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Based on my LMP my doctor thought I was 2 weeks ahead of when I actually ovulated (I was temping). Then when we went in for my ultrasound I measured 1 day ahead so now my official due date is March 9th.
  • If you weren't temping, you have no idea when you ovulated.  Prior to conception I was temping and while according to my LMP I would have been further along, I knew I ovulated on day 16 which pushed my due date back a few days.  Since I was temping, I knew this prior to my u/s.  If you weren't temping, you really have no idea when you ovulated and therefore should go by your u/s measurements not your LMP.

Me: 30   DH: 33

TTC #1 since June 2014

Baby #1 coming March 2016

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

• Based on my LMP I should be 8 weeks and 2 days. Went to the doctors a couple days ago and said I was only about 6 weeks. Is this a common thing that happens? It really scared me and I think something might be wrong. Going back in for another u/s in a week.
  • It's pretty common especially if your cycles are irregular. It happened with my first DD, but I was expecting it because I temped and did opks. This is our third baby, and was our second cycle not preventing but not actively trying. So I had no idea when I actually conceived.
  • Here's my story: my LMP puts me at a 3/7 due DD. before my first official visit with my doctor (who doesn't see patients till 9 weeks) I went to planned parenthood to get a vaginal ultrasound and that measurement but my 1 day behind at 3/8. So at my first official doctors appt he did a regular u/s at I measured for a DD of 3/12. I really don't know what to go by at this point. He said he wanted to by the LMP at 3/7 and said he would have adjusted it if it was more than a week off from my LMP! So confusing! I want to have a date in my mind to dwell on and right now I don't know which one I should be!

End rant!
  • Based on my LMP, I should be 6 weeks 3 days, but with the ultrasound today, they told me I was 5 weeks 6 days, which is not too far from what I thought. I would now be an April baby though.
                                                                                  image

• I had the opposite happen. LMP puts me at an EDD of 3/9/15, but the baby is measuring for an EDD of 3/1/15. Happy it was a week ahead for me!
  • Based on LMP my EDD was 3/15 and I was thinking I was 8w3d. When I went into the ER the other day they did an u/s and put me at 6w4d with a new EDD of 3/30. When I looked back at my chart and the date of my positive digital test and the dates of sex it made sense - but at first it really worried me that the baby was not growing correctly.