August 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone else going to miss being pregnant?

My app informed me today that our little baby is now FULL TERM, but will continue to get stronger and healthier as we approach our due date! I'm very excited to meet this little one and share him/her with the world; however, I'm also realizing that I am going to miss being pregnant too! From the tiniest flutters to complete somersaults I've experienced this baby growing inside of me, something only a mother gets to do! So, I'm going to cherish these last few weeks getting to have this little one all to myself!

Re: Anyone else going to miss being pregnant?

• Options
    I remember this feeling with DD and feel so completely guilty for not feeling that way this time. I know I will miss it once it's over and it's such a crazy feeling going from having him with me 24/7 to being able to walk away or leave him with someone. I know I will hate all of that but I've been so uncomfortable lately. I am thankful this constant lethargy and the aches and the discomfort is almost gone and it's hard to cherish all of it right now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Um, no.
  • Options
    It's always something so incredibly special the first time you feel them kick, nothing quite like it.
    However I don't think I'll miss being pregnant. I much prefer them on the outside. I do however miss the milestones and baby movements, that I will miss when they pass by.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I will. There's been points here and there that I will gladly leave behind, but I love carrying my bean around and feeling him move around. I never thought I'd be this person!
  • Options
    It might be weird not feeling him moving around anymore but I'm so over this whole pregnancy thing.
  • Options
    I will miss the anticipation of a tiny new person. I get all giddy and excited thinking about who that little person inside will be but I don't think I'll miss any of the physical parts of being pregnant.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to miss being the only person who knows what he's up to all the time. And if I'm being really honest, I'll probably miss my family/friends doting on me! ;)
  • Options
    I'll miss getting to nap a lot and eating tons of ice cream lol
  • Options
    I am probably going to do this one more time so not really.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I was right there with you until 2 days ago when I got the worst back pain that shoots down my right leg. I miss having my body to myself but this is such a special time that I can never get back. I'm trying to enjoy each moment and remember that once it's over I can never be pregnant with this child again.
  • Options
    I don't think so lol although I was talking to a random girl at the bank, and she said now that her little girl is 3 she misses being pregnant
  • Options
    I'll miss feeling him move around in there.. It's such a cool feeling!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I'm happy to say that I have enjoyed most all of this pregnancy. Knowing that this could very well be my last one... I wanted to try and cherish it. That said, at this point I just want the coming weeks to fly by. I'm over it. I feel like a cow. I just want to be able to play with DS again and have fun without constantly having to tell him to be careful of mommy's tummy.

I don't think I'll miss it much if at all. I'm ready to move to the next chapter in my life with this as a good memory.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Despite the difficulties, I LOVE being pregnant. I am def going to miss it!! I hope so much that I'll get the opportunity to experience it again! I think I'd be devastated if I didn't.
  • Options
    I'm going to be happy to be done with it all but at the same time, yea, I think I'll miss her foot poking out and her movements that don't hurt me. I'm going to miss looking disc at my belly and taking to her but now, I'll get to look at her and talk to her and i won't have to just imagine what she looks like. I can't wait for her to be here in my arms... I'm going to have a hard time putting her down
  • Options

No, I won't miss it at all.

This. No no no!!!!

• Options
    No. I didn't miss it after DD, and I know I won't miss it this time even though this is probably our last. Some of the movements are kinda cool, but its not enough to make me want to endure any of the rest of it (mentally or physically). My biggest hang-up to trying for this second baby was having to be pregnant again.
  • Options
    yes! I love being pregnant despite the aches and pains towards the end.... I absolutely love it.
  • Options
    Yes and no. Yes bc I dislike sleepless nights and no bc I want to meet our little boy
  • Options
    No way will I miss being pregnant. I don't enjoy pregnancy at all. If the stork was real, I'd have all the babies!! Since it's not, I'm probably done after this.
  • Options

No way! Between the acid reflux, insomnia, random pains, throwing up and more.. I do not miss being pregnant. I will miss the fluttery light kicks vs the ninja kicks. Today I was already telling DH of plans to sign up for a 5K and all sorts of activities.

I'm going to need some selective memory loss about pregnancy #1 before I can even think about kid #2.
    Memory loss will come. Beware of the first three months because that memory stays with you.
  • Options
    I will miss it, but I'll love being able to physically hold my little boy more.
  • Options
    Nope. I won't miss it. My body hurts so much. I'd rather have a period every month LOL! This is our last baby too.
  • Options
    NO I won't miss it not even a tiny little bit. I am SO relieved that it's over! The first time I went outside non pregnant, last week I thought it as gonna faint. It was so hot and humid all I could think was "Thank God I am not pregnant anymore."
  • Options
    I thought I was going to miss it, but nope! Too tired and in love to reflect at the moment.
  • Options
    Absolutely not! I miss being super active and would like to never have heartburn again. At least until I get that memory loss and want a second kid.
  • Options
    NO, at least that's how i feel right now. Its going to be weird though i bet
  • Options
    The only reason I will miss it is because I can never have kids again. So I'm going to soak up every precious moment I have with my little peanut :)