Breastfeeding

New to BF

Hi, I'm 23.5 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and final baby. My two DS were both preemies and both EFF due to latch problems and slow milk. How can I guarantee that I EBF this time around? I have to say my "girls" are quite large and I'm also afraid they're too big. I wear 44G.

Help!

Re: New to BF

• Skin to skin ASAP after birth :) I was very lucky that my labour went smoothly and they put DS on my chest as soon as the cord was cut. He stayed on me for an hour and we nursed right away. After an hour they finally took him to weigh him and measure him. We have been EBF ever since. He's 3 months tomorrow. Also, don't put scratch mittens on babe. Letting their tiny hands touch you helps with your supply. Offer the breast often and nurse on demand. Hope this helps!!
  • If you don't think baby is transferring milk, (you don't see/hear swallows) start pumping in the hospital and syringe/finger feed. (Pump 8 times per 24 hrs) Keep putting baby on breast with a deep latch. (Watch a lot of YouTube videos.). See a location consultant asap, request to see one in hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. I'm guessing it's stupid to assume that the boobs can be TOO BIG? Read an article that most "well endowed" women end up FF.
  • Breast size has nothing to do with it. :) Good luck.