Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Allergies

My LO is 15 weeks old and she always sneezes quite a few times a day last night About 2 am she started coughing not all the time just every once in awhile. She does not have a fever but she has a stuffy nose giving her the saline nose drops seems to help her congestion a little. The doctors office told me this morning all I can do is saline nose drops for allergies any other moms out there with babies with allergies?

Re: Allergies

• Options
    I wonder how they know it is allergies. My DS has the same stuff and the pedi said there is a bunch of colds going around. We stuck a book under the crib mattress so he sleeps slightly propped up and run a humidifier in his room. I also have him play on the floor when I take a shower so the steam can help work out some of the crud. 
  • Options
    I don't think it's allergies. I've been told by numerous doctors that it takes babies a while to clear out their noses/sinuses AND it takes them a while to get used to smells and scents in their environment. Both my kids were snotty and sneezy for the first 4 months or so. My youngest who is now 10 months old had a TON of snot that I had to suck out every day and it was worse at night. She wasn't sick and doesn't have that problem now.