Trouble TTC
Options

New here

Hi ladies,
This is my first time posting on this board but I did post for a short time on TTC last year when we first started TTC.
A bit about me:
We've been TTC for about a year (a fact I am feeling pretty down about). I started seeing an OBGYN a few months ago who did an HSG and found that I have one tube blocked and the other appeared blocked but seemed to clear during the procedure. I do seem to ovulate regularly so there was hope that my one clear tube would do the trick but nothing so far and now I have been referred to an RE who I will see for the first time in September. My husband has had a SA and everything on his end looked great.
I seem to be surrounded my highly fertile women who keep getting pregnant so I am feeling pretty isolated in this journey. Hoping I can learn from this great community.
Other then TTC I am a fur mommy to a dog and cat, live a very active lifestyle, and love a good book.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Married: 08/04/2012
TTC #1: 07/2014

Re: New here

• Options
    Welcome back!  I hope that your stay will be short and sweet!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Options
    It can be hard to see all the uber fertile people IRL! I teach at a high school, and it is especially difficult when I see teenage pregnancies. Something that has really helped me (and I haven't been on this journey a very long time, so if I come across as naive, forgive me) is to focus on my relationship with my hubs and friends. I know once we have a child, my social life will dwindle and I won't be able to make other people a priority. I don't know when I will get pregnant, but I am hopeful that it will happen, and in the meantime I try to have the time of my life (without alcohol, of course). I've found camping and hiking and other outdoor activities really boost my mood and keep me positive about the process.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! I had the hardest time when I hit the year mark. Strangely it has been easier to deal with lately. I did opt out of a family trip because my in laws are super fertile and very insesitive to my infertility. I try to find all the positive in life sans baby and it really helps. I wish you luck with the RE! Mine has been very emotionally supportive and I hope yours is too! I also hope you don't have to see him/her too long!
  • Options
    TRP85TRP85 member
    Thanks ladies, nice to meet you.
    That's great advice @clt2pwm11 I think I've been doing that unconsciously this summer: lots of mini trips and time with close friends planned! It does help.
    Married: 08/04/2012
    TTC #1: 07/2014
  • Options
    TRP85 said:
    Hi ladies,
    This is my first time posting on this board but I did post for a short time on TTC last year when we first started TTC.
    A bit about me:
    We've been TTC for about a year (a fact I am feeling pretty down about). I started seeing an OBGYN a few months ago who did an HSG and found that I have one tube blocked and the other appeared blocked but seemed to clear during the procedure. I do seem to ovulate regularly so there was hope that my one clear tube would do the trick but nothing so far and now I have been referred to an RE who I will see for the first time in September. My husband has had a SA and everything on his end looked great.
    I seem to be surrounded my highly fertile women who keep getting pregnant so I am feeling pretty isolated in this journey. Hoping I can learn from this great community.
    Other then TTC I am a fur mommy to a dog and cat, live a very active lifestyle, and love a good book.
    Looking forward to getting to know you all.

We are also approaching our year mark.
    But this is our first round of Letrozole/Ovidrel so we are in out TWW. praying for you and sending you positive vibes. 
    Married to My Best Friend
    Mom to 2 Fur Babies (Great Danes)

Pregnancy Ticker