June 2015 Moms

Baby symptoms?

Re: Baby symptoms?

• @dancegurl1118 @JessHeppell If you have it done get laser if possible. Our LO showed no discomfort at all after. He didn't like the exercises after but only fussed during them.
  • amccoy129 said:

klkonwi said:

If anyone else comments on how my baby is Breastfed and should poop more because of it I'll scream! Between my mother in law, mom, and grandma they never stop saying this!!!! Get over it. He poops once a day or sometimes every other.
    Stop being so obsessed over my babies poop people..... Let me worry about it.

Lol! I was starting to worry mine is pooping too much because of what I've read both on here and in baby books. Can't win!

Same! Mine poops every time he eats still, and he is 10 weeks. None are huge ones, but I guess it works through his system quickly.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My DD also has cradle cap. Dry flaky skin on the top of her head. It also has an odor. I read some remedies online but wondering if any of you are dealing with this.
  • @AlyLynn07 thinking of you and LO, praying everything is alright.
  • AlyLynn07 said:

Wow. Scary day. So I pick up LO around 1230 today when he woke up crying from a nap. I carry him over to the couch to lay him down for a diaper change. As I transition him off my shoulder to lay him down, his whole body tenses up, his arms and legs start shaking, and his eyes shoot back and forth very rapidly. After 5-10seconds, it stops and he seems terrified (so was I), but is easily consoled. I call the emergency line at the peds office and they recommend bringing him to the ER for further work up of this possible seizure. He had otherwise been acting fine before this.

After a head CT, lumbar puncture, and initial blood work come back normal, LO is given antibiotic and antiviral medication prophylactically and admitted for monitoring until blood/CSF culture results are available. The neurologist is not convinced this was a seizure as the presentation was unusual. They want to do EEG testing to evaluate further next week, Monday if we are still in the hospital. I will be psyched if this was just something bizarre that we never have to deal with again.

I know that I have been caught up in the daily stress of caring for LO and DS1, cleaning, not sleeping, etc., but this just serves as a reminder of how fragile and precious life is, especially at this age. Right now, we can only wait, pray and trust that this is in God's hands.

How terrifying ... And yes you are right we need to stop and look at what's important and understand everything can change in a heartbeat ... I'm sorry you had to go through that and little LO, he won't remember it just keep telling yourself that.. Better safe to rule out anything... Praying it's just a fluke
  • @AlyLynn07 Good Luck! That is scary but hopefully it does end up to be nothing. Keep us posted
  • @AlyLynn07 t&p that all is ok!
  • @AlyLynn07 so scary. Thinking of you!
  • @AlyLynn07 t&p for you and LO! Praying that everything is ok with LO
  • @AlyLynn07 thinking of you and your LO! Just remember to get some rest to momma your boys need you at your fittest. It's all to easy to forget our own needs.
  • mellymar said:

Here's my 'is this happening to anyone else' question. Sometime when LO spits up it comes out his nose. I am assuming this isn't a terrible thing, its just something that happens sometimes, but hey, this thread is here so why not ask? Its not all the time, only when he spits up a lot at once

This happens to LO every other day or so. It makes her upset. And in turn, me REALLY upset. I hate it.
  • Thanks for all your prayers and kind words. Just a waiting game for now, but baby is acting fine apart from being very tired after being poked and prodded all day yesterday. He has not had any fevers. Hoping cultures are clear and EEG is normal tomorrow.
  • @AlyLynn07 glad he's doing ok and praying for good news!
  • Since the weekend, LO has been spitting up so much. He's always had a little bit of spit up but it's suddenly much greater volumes. Otherwise he's happy, no signs of pain and he's still having lots of wet and dirty nappies. I've been trying to keep him upright for half an hour after feeds but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Plus he wants to eat every 90 minutes. He's just spat up on my third outfit of the day, and I can't even see the point of changing into something clean right now. I just don't understand why this should start now at 7 weeks old.
  • @AlyLynn07 woot! glad to hear that everything is OK.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @aliciaspinnet we had a similar issue a week or two back-crazy amounts of spit up every single time he ate. At one point, he threw up so much it was all over mu shirt and pants and I had to change! Ours was because he was eating every 1.5-2 hours but like, 3-4 oz a feed. He lost a lot of weight right off the bat after being born 9lbs 4 oz so the pedi thought he was just trying to make up for lost time during a growth spurt. Now he eats 2 oz every 1.5 to 2 hours and a 4oz ocassionally, and the spit up has lowered in amount. Maybe yours is a temporary growth spurt thing too? 
  • @aliciaspinnet this was our weekend. Then it sort of stopped. Not sure if it was something I ate or his stomach those days. Hopefully it will come & go for you too! I finally just cleaned myself off as best I could and stopped changing.
  • @SmashJam @amccoy129 Thanks for the reply. It seems much better today thankfully. I gave up on changing halfway through yesterday and just kept him in his diaper as it's pretty warm here. I think he's just too greedy and for whatever reason just decided to pig out for a few days.
  • Is there really nothing that can be done for baby acne? It comes and goes throughout the day but breaks my heart! She had such pretty complexion until 4 weeks old.
  • @slr1229 I use a little breast milk to clear up LO's acne. Works wonders.

Does anyone else suspect their LO is teething? He is almost 11 weeks and has been incredibly fussy for the past few days, is drooling excessively, and is instantly soothed when I put something in his mouth (Sophie, pacifier, my finger) I feel like it's too early, but don't know what else it could be. Does anyone have suggestions for how to make him feel better?

Pregnancy Ticker

• @slr1229 I use a little breast milk to clear up LO's acne. Works wonders.

Does anyone else suspect their LO is teething? He is almost 11 weeks and has been incredibly fussy for the past few days, is drooling excessively, and is instantly soothed when I put something in his mouth (Sophie, pacifier, my finger) I feel like it's too early, but don't know what else it could be. Does anyone have suggestions for how to make him feel better?

My first son started teaching at about that age. When I took him to his three month check up I told the doctor I thought he was teething and the doctor laughed at me and said it was too early. Then he checked inside his mouth and said, "Oh he is teething!" So your LO could be teething. I always say trust your mommy instinct.

My son wasn't super fussy about the first teeth, but I do remember that anything cold would help soothe his gums. I would put a wet baby washcloth in the freezer for a bit and then gently rub/place it on his gums.
  • Thank you, will try that. She's also starting to get a rash on belly and back- wonder if it's acne related. Waiting on nurse to call back.
  • @slr1229 LO started to get baby acne around 4 weeks as well, ped told us to keep the area clean by taking a wash cloth to it twice/daily and then pat dry - this helped on and off. Well, around 6 weeks it got really bad, like, super red/angry and just looked painful. We had LOs 1 month check up luckily around that same time and ped instructed us to put .5% hydrocortisone once/daily for up to 4 days. LOs face cleared up after day 2.
  • @slr1229 same thing happened to my LO. I was convinced it was more than acne. It wasn't and cleared in about 2 weeks. She still gets a rash on her back and other places when she's hot. But the acne cleared up. The cradle cap is another story...
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I'm afraid LO is getting sick. My MIL had bronchitis a couple weeks ago, but was smart enough to stay away until the doctor said she wasn't contagious. FIL thought he was fine because he didn't have any symptoms and came by while she was still sick. Then on Saturday DH talked to his mom and she said FIL was coughing and feverish. They both came over last night. LO slept all day yesterday and only woke up every 3 hours or so to eat. He's been coughing a decent bit and his little nose is stuffy. I haven't taken his temperature but he feels warm to me. I'm going to be so pissed if he's sick.
  • Thanks @dancegurl1118 and @katyqv

They said to bring her in so we'll see. It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow of bad face acne. Don't you wish you could just fix everything on your own for them?
  • @KarasTwin I hope he's not! Poor baby!
  • @amccoy129, thanks! I took his temperature by rectal thermometer and in his ear and it was 97.7 at the highest. I got out the nose Freida and sucked out a bunch of snot and stringy boogers. He's still coughing and fussy, though. Little buddy is going to be getting lots of extra snuggles today
  • @KarasTwin oh no! I really hope your LO doesn't get any worse and begins to feel better soon! :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She has a heat rash. I saw a diff do or as mine was out and she completely made me feel like an awful mother.
  • But for anyone that may experiencing the same thing, she said to bathe every night, cut out Johnston and Johnston shampoo and use Dove sensitive soap.
  • To everyone with spitty babies we started Zantac 2 weeks ago as per the pediatrician and it has really made a difference! LO used to spit up after every feeding sometimes a little and sometimes a lot, it also always sounded like head mucus stuck in the back of his throat and he would wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air... Scary! Now he spits up maybe once a day just a little bit and the choking has stopped!
  • We just got home from the doctor and my poor little Henry has an upper respiratory infection. I'm so upset with my in laws, I could scream.
  • Okay so I don't think this looks like heat rash in my opinion. It's already worse than this morning and CvS won't have the cream she prescribed in until tomorrow! I feel so bad for her even though it doesn't effect her mood. Hurting this momma.

• @slr1229 she is so cute even with a rash!! It looks like an allergic reaction to me but I'm no doctor. Poor thing, she's lucky to have a mama who cares so much! Good luck with the cream. She will be doing better in no time!
  • slr1229 said:

Thank you, will try that. She's also starting to get a rash on belly and back- wonder if it's acne related. Waiting on nurse to call back.

Can you post pic? Probably heat rash
  • @KarasTwin I am so sorry for your little guy I hope he gets better fast!!! I'm hoping my girl doesn't get the cough my sister just had I'm so mad as well...like why come over if there's a possibility your sick !
  • slr1229 said:

Okay so I don't think this looks like heat rash in my opinion. It's already worse than this morning and CvS won't have the cream she prescribed in until tomorrow! I feel so bad for her even though it doesn't effect her mood. Hurting this momma.

It looks like normal newborn rash mama .. Keep us posted