3rd Trimester
Options

35 weeks. Miserable, uncomfortable. When will this be over?

Im 35 weeks and Im so done with being pregnant. It feels like forever. Its 1am and Im wide awake. Im having bad heart burn and I cant lay down due to back pain.

I feel like crying. I just want my body back. My cervix is thinning but Im not dilating. I dont want him to come early if he will suffer but Im just done.

Sad and uncomfortable

Re: 35 weeks. Miserable, uncomfortable. When will this be over?

• Options
    I think we all can relate. I am almost 38 weeks and so uncomfortable. It is 3:45am and I can't sleep either!! But I don't want to rush her out I just want to vent about the struggle
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're only 35 weeks -- not even full-term yet. Take some antacids and Tylenol.
  • Options
    You'll survive !
  • Options
    When will this be over? Sounds like in about 5 weeks. We are all there with you. My cervix has been thinned since about 35 weeks and I'm now 39w2d. Your body is just getting ready. Hang in there.
  • Options
    I felt the same at 35 weeks. I'm now 40 weeks, will be 41 come Monday and be induced Tuesday. Try tums or milk and sleeping with your upper half elevated. Don't worry about dilation, it will come. I thinned early but only dilated at 39 weeks! 
  • Options
    Within 7 weeks if they wait til 42 to induce if you are over. Ice cream was the best antacid for me. It sucks but you don't even have a full term kiddo yet and I promise the newborn phase sleep dep is just as fun as the home stretch 3rd tri nonsense.
  • Options
    @BabyShant I'm 41 weeks tomorrow and NEVER thought I would get this far.. Well here's reality in my face. I also struggled with really bad heart burn and reflux around 35 weeks.. When the baby dropped it eased up for me somewhat and hopefully will for you. I found eating smaller meals throughout the day helped and not eating 2-3 hours before bed helped me. You still have a few weeks to go but you've already made it this far.. These next few weeks won't be easy but they will be SO worth it when you have that baby in your arms. CHIN UP :)
  • Options
    Thanks every one. Im just an emotional roller coaster right. And Im also having relationship problems too and that isnt helping.

Sigh. Im 36 this week. So hopefully after next week when Im 37 weeks he can come.
  • Options
    If your heartburn is truly that bad, ask your doctor for prescription strength zantac. It was the best thing to happen to me at the end of my pregnancy.

Unfortunately you likely have about 5 weeks to go. The end is tough, but it's almost over.
  • Options
    BabyShant said:

Thanks every one. Im just an emotional roller coaster right. And Im also having relationship problems too and that isnt helping.

Sigh. Im 36 this week. So hopefully after next week when Im 37 weeks he can come.

Umm 37 weeks still isn't term so hopefully he doesn't come.
    You've got potentially 6 more weeks to go.
  • Options
    I can totally relate to relationship issues and being an emotional roller coaster. I am no longer with baby daddy. It has been an interesting experience. I'm on the home stretch but right with ya. I'm ready to hold my little man. Good luck. :). My appointment is next week, so hopefully they will tell me I am dilating :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone
  • Options
    BabyShant said:

I would never wish for a premature baby just because I'm "over" being pregnant.
  • Options
    35 weeks here and feeling you all on let's be done now. My sleep can be kinda crummy. When babe and I are both up in the middle of the night I shine a flash light on my stomach for some fun. He kicks, wiggles around and I love it. But it's only fun for so long, that alarm clock will be going off regardless. For a sleep aid my doctor recommended liquid baby Benadryl. I swig from the bottle and with in 15/20 minutes out to sleepy land. I've also started taking Metamucil biscuits to help with the lovely iron constipation issue. (Someone mentioned that an over) And it's working nicely. I'm afraid of the hemorrhoids! Keep your head up and enjoy this time. It's like waiting for Christmas as a kid! And everyone and there mom wants to talk and help you! Enjoy
  • Options
    Dang there are some hateful women on this board.. Pregnancy sass doesn't look good on anyone. But being understanding and supportive is always flattering. If we can't vent a little to fellow pregnant women then who can we vent to? Also, my doctor is inducing my twins at 37 weeks. He says that is full term. This home stretch sucks, but we will make it! Just hang on for the ride and baby will be here as soon as he/she is ready! Good luck
    Oh, wow! No one has ever said ANYTHING like this EVAR on these boards! 

/sarcasm. 

Also, twins pregnancy =/= singleton pregnancy. Though he should get up to speed on ACOG's definitions of term and full-term. 
  • Options
    Alright "Ginger Turtles"
  • Options
    Alright "Ginger Turtles"
    Oh, you're one of those people: https://pulptastic.com/37-quotation-mark-fails/
  • Options
    jaclynburkettjaclynburkett member
    edited August 2015
    **Removed for TOU Violation**
  • Options
    GingerTurtlesGingerTurtles member
    edited August 2015
    **Removed for TOU Violation**
    Nope, but thanks for throwing around buzz words and diminshing the experiences of the victims of actual bullies. 

What exactly did you think we should do? Pat OP on the head and tell her it's totes okay for her baby to come at 35 weeks (risking its health) because she was "done" with pregnancy? 
  • Options
    Lol so dramatic
  • Options
    Lol so dramatic
    You think babies born at 35 weeks don't have health issues? 
  • Options
    Literally no one but you said anything about a baby being born at 35 weeks?

So, again, stop being dramatic.
  • Options
    I think she was just venting, guys.

On another note, I need to be induced at 38 weeks since I am a type 1 diabetic. I'd hate to hear what you all think of that, sheesh.
  • Options
    GingerTurtlesGingerTurtles member
    edited August 2015
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • Options
    lalenalalena member
    edited August 2015
    Sounds like me with my first pregnancy. I had bad GERD even before I was pregnant. My heartburn was so bad and painful, I couldn't sleep and I would get physically ill every night for two months.

Called my Dr and she said to avoid dairy late at night( and anything spicy or with tomato seeds with dinner), had me eat dinner before 6pm and nothing else the rest of the night, and put me on Pepcid. Following this regiment for the second time around and I'm happy to say the discomfort from heartburn is hardly there. I still sleep slightly upright in bed jic, but it's night and day from last time!!

As for wanting to be done, that last month of pregnancy is always the longest ever. Not too much longer, hang in there.
  • Options
    I just posted a whole discussion about how I caught hell at 38 weeks for wanted my baby out since I was dilating and contracting anyways ...when I first joined the women were nice but now when u vent they get so hostile
  • Options
    According to my doc 37 weeks is full term. And yep. Im 37 weeks and 1 day. Hope he comes soon.
  • Options
    You guys need to chill. I would never want to hurt my child and would definitely not want him being premature. I was just venting because I was tired of being pregnant. Not everyone has a glorious pregnancy....not everyone can manage the symptoms of being pregnant.

Im just venting. No need to be all hostile against each other. Thats why I keep my business to myself. Ive been on thee since Jan and that was my first post and you guys turned it into something else. Geez. Relax yall!
  • Options
    BabyShant said:

According to my doc 37 weeks is full term. And yep. Im 37 weeks and 1 day. Hope he comes soon.

Babies born at 37 weeks used to be considered full term, but lately there's been more and more babies having trouble latching, eating, sleeping if born earlier then I think 39 weeks.
    I think that's what they are getting at.
  • Options
    amp61470amp61470 member
    edited August 2015
    Okay where in the OP's post did she say she wanted to be induced? And where did you get your medical degree? Seriously I am 35 weeks and so OVER being pregnant. I am also having contractions and would like the little guy to stay in there a few more weeks. But if he were to come early my doctor seems to think that after next week he would be perfectly healthy. I am going with what the doctors say and not what someone on a random message board seems to think. 

I think she was just venting, guys. On another note, I need to be induced at 38 weeks since I am a type 1 diabetic. I'd hate to hear what you all think of that, sheesh.
    Yeah, medical necessity is totes the same as inducing because you're "over" being pregnant.  8-|

Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • Options
    cg0112358cg0112358 member
    edited August 2015
    amp61470 said:

Okay where in the OP's post did she say she wanted to be induced? And where did you get your medical degree? Seriously I am 35 weeks and so OVER being pregnant. I am also having contractions and would like the little guy to stay in there a few more weeks. But if he were to come early my doctor seems to think that after next week he would be perfectly healthy. I am going with what the doctors say and not what someone on a random message board seems to think. 

I think she was just venting, guys.

On another note, I need to be induced at 38 weeks since I am a type 1 diabetic. I'd hate to hear what you all think of that, sheesh.

Yeah, medical necessity is totes the same as inducing because you're "over" being pregnant.  8-|

Okay, I don't think anyone said not to listen to your doctor but doctors are not omnipotent and women should be proactive in their care. The pp whose doctor said 37 weeks is full term definitely needs to revisit ACOG's "new" definition of full term and by "new" I mean it was redefined almost 2 years ago.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    My doctor said that once I hit 34wks that there would be no reason to stop me if I went into labor. Not that they would want me to have a premature baby but that baby would be ok if he decided to come. I am almost 36wks now and I always thought I would love being pregnant and it would be this magical time but boy was I wrong. I haven't had any major problems besides extreme morning sickness but I don't like the way I feel, the not sleeping, constant bathroom trips and body aches .. I'm ready!
  • Options
    nofrogsnofrogs member
    edited August 2015
    Are you open to the idea of chiropractic care? It helped me, though I know it doesn't help every mom. 37 weeks is considered early term. Full-term is 39-41 weeks. Late term is 41-42 weeks. They have changed the terminology to reflect the idea that while 37 weeks is term, it is still early.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    alligaudetalligaudet member
    edited August 2015
    I think the best way to put it is that we would like to fast forward to the day our baby comes of that was possible. I hate being pregnant. I am almost 36 weeks pregnant and it seems to be going so slow. I don't care if he decided to come at 42 weeks if only the weeks would go a little faster.
  • Options
    Why are people in a rush to have their babies?
    Yes last Tri is hard yes it's uncomfortable yes HB is a bitch. But guess what it's what you signed up for, and you know what else? When you have that baby in your arms you will forget all of this and think what was I fussing for.